It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore Cop assaults 14yr. old Skater

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
so does the cop beat his own children when they dont respect him? The whole i will scare you into respecting me thing is BS.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ahem

Kindly STAY on topic. Moderators have just as much right to post thier opinion in ATS threads as does anybody else AND are bound by the same terms and conditions as everybody else as well.

Please review the following thread:

Mod Note: Moderators Are People Too – Please Review This Link.

Please feel free to debate the merits of each posters opinion or stance on the issue and comment accordingly.

If you have an issue with or question regarding this or any thread please file a comment/complaint that allows the entire staff to review the issue at hand. To do so follow the following link:

Mod Note: ATS Complain / Suggestion– Please Use This Link.

Thanks
Fred

[edit on 2/13/08 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Comma8Comma1
I wish ATS was run under the same laws that WE live by in the real world.

Unfortunately, if I were to say what I think of YOU I'd be warned, banned, and punished

That's BS and you know it. What EO posted wasn't against the T&C.

And you sound like an idiot saying things like "Im posting as a member, not a Mod"

That on the other hand would get warned. His point is valid. We're members first. We post the same as anyone else when we don't have to moderate the board for YOUR benefit.

You're not too far off from an off-duty cop doing what he wants because he knows he can get away with it.

Take off YOUR badge elevatedone, I'd love to tell you what I think of you.

OK, you've got issues with the staff, fine. File a Complaint, u2u any of us if you wish. Just remember that u2u's are also covered by the T&C.

Now post to the topic and don't attack members further. Just to be clear, this was a moderating post, not an opinion post.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by migliavacca
Elevatedone needs to be removed as a super moderator immediately. Who can I email or complain to? Should I use the complaint button or is there a direct email address I can use?

I agree!

Warnings for One-Line And Short Responses

[edit on 2/13/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rumrunner

Since when should someone get booted for their opinion???

Isn't that directly violating your precious 'free speech'

I don't see what rule EO violated. I disagree with their opinion though,which is also my right.
No problems here.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Let me help you son. Did the phrase "Sir" ever cross your mind?

Great Scott! Give this kid a copy of Leave it to Beaver so he can model Eddie Haskell's behavior. Even if you're a deviant numskull, have the presence of mind to act like a respectful kid in the presence of adults. This kid isn't just disrespectful, he's not that bright either. If you're going to prove your manhood by standing up to someone, make sure this person can't eat your weight in donuts first.

"Shut up and sit down". Most likely this was the best advice this kid had heard in years. Had he used this tactic he could have resumed skating when the police left.

Class dismissed!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is most interesting...

Two members are calling for a staff member to be removed for absolutely no reason other than they disagree with his take on a situation.

I'm sorry to have to be the one to inform you that we do not function like that here.

Either learn how to disagree with people based on their points, or don't participate in the discussion.

How can you possibly say something like that?

I'm going to sum this up very briefly for both of you and then this thread will return to its topic.

The staff members of AboveTopSecret.com and its affiliated sites (BTS&AP) are all MEMBERS of the site who, after being good longstanding members were asked by the owners to volunteer their time as moderators. Every single moderator was originally a member and is still a member. Joining the all-volunteer staff does NOT suddenly remove that person's right to speak.

On the same basis, joining the all-volunteer staff does not mean that no one can disagree with you. You are all able to post your displeasure with what EO said. ATS encourages debate and encourages multiple opinions.

In considering all of this, how dare anyone make a statement like "I think ElevatedOne should be removed as a SuperModerator" because you have a different opinion. How dare you? I find that absolutely appalling.

With that, this topic has strayed far enough from its subject matter and the attempted bullying of someone's opinion due to his being a staff member will now come to an end. Period.

Rumrunner and migliavacca, NO staff member will EVER be removed from ATS simply because his/her opinion might not jive with the opinions of others. Whether it be members, moderators, or the owners of the site themselves. That is NOT how we operate.

[edit on 2/13/2008 by Djarums]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here's the thing The Officer was suspended , yes with pay
but,
If he tries for a promotion, or transfer all the records will show is
suspended for x amount of days it will not say with pay

When they ask why he was suspended they will here about this issue
and most likely see him get heated up over it.
In which they most likely will not give him what he was asking for.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I think you have missed my point entirely.

Before mods came out of the trees and set me straight, I was TRYING to make the point that ElevatedOnes' initial post had a clear preformed opinion about a post and video that HE HADN'T EVEN WATCHED!

OK? HE WAS PROMOTING IGNORANCE!

So I'll say it again;
I'm all for Mods posting as members as they moderate the play by play here on ATS
BUT (and maybe I didn't make it clear enough the first time)
If you are a member as well as a moderator you should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us to a point.

If you have a moderator title, then jump into a board, post a reply that is IMO clearly off base, (BECAUSE HE HADN'T EVEN VIEWED THE OP YET) it reeks of hypocrisy!

Sure, lots of people on here don't read an entire thread and post a reply with short, uneducated, and short-sighted answers; I was under the impression though that if you're a moderator you should know better.

Apparently I was wrong.

And to reply to this quote:

We post the same as anyone else when we don't have to moderate the board for YOUR benefit.

Obviously the analogy was cruising at 32 thousand feet over some people's heads.

If you're NOT going to DENY IGNORANCE, then don't wear the BADGE when doing so.

Warn me, ban me, whatever you need (or want) to do.

I'm not here to cause trouble, I just assumed (apparently incorrectly) that seeing a moderator title meant you we're dealing with someone who was well versed in the motto of ATS.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

And if I didn't make it clear enough, I WASN'T one of the ones calling for ElevatedOnes' head.

He's entitled to his opinion, we all are.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't respect authority either, and never will.

I'm always polite to cops, but only because I am polite to everyone by default.

Anybody who expects me to grovel to "authority figures" had better not hold their breath...

Authority always acts in it's own interests, and always acts to increase it's own power.

Anyone who respects that is out of their mind, IMHO.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
That cop is just mad because he drives a weenie car. I hope that cop gets fired for hating kids. I work with kids, and I see too much of that kind of attitude around them. It makes me angry. Old people being rude and mean to kids and thinking they are entitled. It doesn't work that way. Kids are awesome, you just have to know how to have fun to talk to them.

I work with kids every day in my job and yeah.. they're great when you have the vibe and ability to get along with them and not just be another adult, kids love it when you put the effort in to be different and treat them with warmth.

That cop needs to learn that respect is earned, not given to you by a piece of metal.

What he did was pretty much assault.. good look in front of other kids. what do they go home thinking??? Police are all assholes and should be dealt with like assholes? Hopefully they can overlook this one officer and not tar all the rest with the same brush.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Comma8Comma1

I'll say again, I listened to the audio first and clearly stated that IF the cop did touch the kid he was Wrong.... what's so hard to understand abou that?

I made it to work and watched the video and then posted my opinion again and still stand by it.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Let me give a little personal experience here.

On one of my regular patrols there was a State Office Building with lots of stairs and a big parking lot that kids liked to ride their skateboard on. I had to run kids off the property at least a few times a week. I do so showing respect for them as Junior Citizens, and I was shown respect in return.

One kid actually said to me, "Wow, you're pretty cool. I thought you were gonna be a jerk like the rest of 'em."

I never had to run a kid off twice in the same day as a result. I took a few extra minutes to interact with them. Some chit-chat, and even asking them about the skate-park downtown.

I had one kid get smart with me for a second, and his buddy said, "Shut up dude. He's being cool to us."

It was not my job to "teach this kid some respect," only to run them off the property so the state wouldn't get sued if they hurt themselves. The best way to do that, was to earn their respect so they would have enough respect not to come back and to listen to what I had told them.

Then one night one of my bretheren screwed it all up. He hated "those wise-ass punk skateboarders." And he let them know it, trying to teach them to respect his authoritah. Well wouldn't ya know. The group he ended up arresting came back with BB guns, rocks, and spraypaint in the middle of the night. They sprayed all sorts of choice phrases disrespecting authority, destroyed several cars, and blew out plenty of doors and windows on the building.

A little bit of humanism could have saved the taxpayers tens of thousaond of dollars, and maybe even kept a few kids from ruining their lives.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
So what we are telling kids these days is put down that skate board and go get a gun or smoke some crack and sit down? Or better yet be a fat jerk cop like me kid and go get a doughnut....

I am sure this cop had better things to do than stop and hassle these kids. He is an idiot and a typical fat cop on a power trip that hates his life and most likely his wife...

If I were a cop driving by I would weigh the idea of sakte boarding against the idea that these kids could be doing a B&E or killing someone.... Yes, skate boarding may be illegal in that area but does it warrent a response like that? What is it today with total contol?

That fat cop needs to be fired.... He also needs to be knee capped...

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Cops like this need to get a bullet to the head. I would cheer and celebrate if this idiot ended up in the obituaries. An idiot like this is a waste of life. And to think he is supposed to "protect and serve". I wonder who he was protecting by assulting the kid and stealing his skateboard. If you know this creep and he has kids, please go out of your way to make them feel the same this kid felt. Be sure to tell them they could wind up "dead" with that kind of attitude. Heck why stop there though, if this guy has a wife treat her the same too. If you see this guy at a restaurant you work at, spit in his food. Scum like him dont deserve the very freedom people have fought and died for. He does not deserve to live. Treat him as you would a terrorist, because he is nothing more than that.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewlso

Hey now, I'd be first in line to kick his ass but I think calling for his death is a little bit OTT. I don't agree with what he did, and I have no trust in any cops anymore, but come on man, get your head on straight.
Spewing hatred is no better than what the other side do. You're just giving them an excuse to harass you. It's a vicious circle.
And the guy's family, I have nothing against them. They're innocent as far as I know so leave them alone.

~~edited because I left out a word - 'do'~~

[edit on 14-2-2008 by MrDead]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The cops are really going to have to stop being rude to every one that they disagree with. Especially in such a manner as this one showed. More and more people these days are arming themselves with video cameras and cell phone cameras in order to protect themselves. Hopefully this sends the message that it's not ok to act like a jerk and physically abuse someone. Perhaps next time, if there is a next time for this officer, he'll think "Oh yeah, maybe there's a better way to go about this".

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

The problem is, that even with witnesses and cameras, nothing is really gonna change. I was beaten and repeatedly tased on my own front porch for laughing at a cop when he tried to "scare" me. I have multiple witnesses that I did nothing wrong, and made no effort to defend myself. Now I am defending myself in court against criminal charges and the witness statements have been thrown out.

Oh, and by the way. Not long after my incident, one of the cops who jacked me up was doing eighty in a forty with no lights on in the departments brand new Charger. He wiped out a family in a mini-van. Not a word about this in the paper though, because the department is trying to get the taxpayers to foot the bill for a new police/court facility and town jail.

[edit on 2/15/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Looks like a glorified meter maid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join