It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NGC's Six Degrees Could Change The World, 10 Feb. 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
the National Geographic Channel debuts Six Degrees Could Change the World Sunday, February 10th. this could be an interesting watch, as the show is about what a six degree rise in global temperature average could do to the planet in just 100 years.

At six degrees, the oceans could be marine wastelands, the deserts could march across continents, and natural disasters could become common events. The world’s great cities could be flooded and abandoned. This could be “the doomsday scenario.”

What do you guys think? Comments?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I don't think it will be quite that bad, but it will be a disaster. I don't think it will kill all life, but things will be tough for quite some time. I wouldn't own property in Florida any time soon.

We're already seeing the effects in the world in more germs and diseases, more strange weather patterns, altered wildlife cycles, etc.

I don't think even the scientists know exactly what will happen worst case scenario.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yeah in the past when the earth was 6 degrees warmer there were deserts everywhere too. Wait no... they climate was spread more easily.

Global warming by 6 degrees on average =/= 6 degrees hotter everywhere. We cant hope to predict what will happen with the rain patters with such a warming. So any claim about more deserts is bull.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tomcat ha

i am certainly no expert in weather (actually, i havent seen a weather expert yet
) but i would think as well that there would be a whole lot of rain, and little desert, seeing as the heat would evaporate more water, causing it to rain more.

top topics

join