It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who've seen a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm writing a paper on the topic and would be very interested if/how it has affected your life. Do you think about it everyday? What was your mental state in the days immediately after? If/how have you reconciled it with day-to-day life? Did it affect your relationships? What has stuck w/you about it?

I've spoken to some witnesses and am looking to gather more information. I'm a psychology student, have a lifelong curiousity about the subject, and about encounters with things outside the day-to-day world we ID as reality. Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Feel free to use mine,

Almost 2 years ago, Looking out my kitchen window, was a huge glowing red ball, I'm estimating to be less than a mile away. Stood watching it while it flew to the north east, not fast. It passed MSP airport flight path, I could see planes after take off, object was still much larger. I saw search lights, and the object made what looked to me to be a 90 degree turn, went behind a water tower and never came out the other side.

Now as to your question, it hasn't really affected me, I just considered myself lucky to have seen that object. I've only told a few people about it. My wife thinks I'm nuts. The religeous right (my mom) didn't know what to think.

So there you have it in a nut shell.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by desklamp3
I'm writing a paper on the topic and would be very interested if/how it has affected your life. Do you think about it everyday? What was your mental state in the days immediately after? If/how have you reconciled it with day-to-day life? Did it affect your relationships? What has stuck w/you about it?

I've spoken to some witnesses and am looking to gather more information. I'm a psychology student, have a lifelong curiousity about the subject, and about encounters with things outside the day-to-day world we ID as reality. Any help would be appreciated.

Interesting - I started a very similar thread yesterday ! However I'll summarise to answer your questions:

1) Don't think about it every day now (3 years later), but occasionally.
2) Sighting was very short duration (~5sec) but incredibly clear and detailed view of the craft - but feelings that came over me were minutes after - creepiness, thoughts of " I shouldn't have just seen that, thats not supposed to be", to " amazement that this advanced technology deifinitely exists (but in whos hands is another question)
3)Well the moment was shared with my brother-in-law, and the topic still comes up to this day. I think my wife is still sceptical of what we saw. But no, it hasn't ruined any relationships .
4) RE: Stuck with me- the fact that there was nothing separating us from it in the sky that night - in terms of feeling protected behind something else. Thats one. Thoughts of what was inside it, or rather, the intelligence behind it.

I can repost the sighting details if you needed. Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I saw a giant orange ball. Perfectly still. I was about 9 years old. MY best friend and I thought it was the sunrise. It was still dark out though. Looked close. Like a 1/4 of a block away and just at or above rooftop level. We just thought it was pretty.

It took a few years but I realized that it wasn't the sun that we were looking at.

I've wondered what it was ever since. Even to the point of self doubt. Like MAYBE it was a full moon? But it couldn't have been. I've never seen the moon that big. It was solid orange. Luminescent. Even with a full moon, you can still see the mountains/craters on it. There was none of that with this. It was perfectly still though. Couldn't have been ball lightning either. I don't think it could be that still and that BIG.

So, to this day, I have no idea what it was. But I think about it a lot.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone. It's those moment(s) of contact with something entirely out of our day to day, something that suggest an entirely different plane of reality, and the aftermath of it, that fascinates me. I've been an avid reader of UFO information since grade school though have never seen one myself outside of a recurring dream that I don't believe to be an actual happening.

ReadyforChange -- it would be great if you would repost the sighting details. Reminds me a little of a couple I know who saw a craft go by their hotel balcony. Lasted just a few seconds, but they got a very clean, detailed view of the craft.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by desklamp3]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

ReadyforChange -- it would be great if you would repost the sighting details. Reminds me a little of a couple I know who saw a craft go by their hotel balcony. Lasted just a few seconds, but they got a very clean, detailed view of the craft.

The background: The sighting was brief (around 5 seconds for the object to travel W-E from horizon to horizon) - almost overhead. The path took the object over Calgary International Airport. The object was about "thumb-nail sized" at arms length, unlit, silent, and fast. In the five seconds it was viewed - it was in my opinion a dark metallic object - reflecting only the available street lights - and contrasting enough to stand out from the cloudless (and starry) night sky.

From our vantage, it appeared almost disk-like, but probably slightly squashed on the sides (could have been the perspective we viewed it from).

From our S facing yard, we can see the city of Calgary @ 10 oclock position, the airport almost at 9, and the mountains between 12-3 oclock positions.

I left a report with MUFON, which was followed up with a phone call from an MUFON investigator (a few weeks later). He let me know that he had the radar tapes pulled from Calgary Intl. and examined for anything to match what we witnessed - I didn't know they could do this!. It showed nothing of an object that was trackable, he said, due to the speed of the object we mentioned and the limited speed of the radar revolution. It did only show some random static reflections ("noise" in other words).

This happened during Stampede week in Calgary, July 2005., aprox. midnight.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yes , I do have quite an extensive and colorful past. Feel free to U2U me and we can connect in private.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
sighting #1, Portales, NM, late summer, 3 steel grey discs in a triangle formation traverse the sky from E. to W. in 6 sec.

#2. Corrales, NM, April, White sphere turning to jet black, dissapearing into a cloud bank. 5 sec.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
i don't have any ufo sightings, but i do have what i believe to be close encounter situations. i need to save these somewhere so i can just paste them or something...i don't know if this is really what you're looking for, but if it helps feel free to use it. these used to haunt me, not on a daily basis but whenever the memories creeped back into my head i would start shaking and be on the verge of tears. anyway here we go:

until i was 14, we lived in a house that was built in the late 1800's. the entire 2nd floor was basically a bedroom with the only bathroom connected to it. my room was on the 1st floor.

my first encounter worth noting was when i was around 8 - give or take a couple of years. i had fallen asleep upstairs on my parents' bed. they put me on a crib mattress on the floor for the night. i woke up in the middle of the night because i had to go to the bathroom. i looked over and saw my mom sitting on the floor cross-legged next to me (between my mattress and her bed). i reached out and said "hi mom" and my hand went right through her. it was about that time i realized that it was not my mom sitting next to me. i was so scared that i just rolled back over and held it until morning.

the second one is one you might take interest in. this time i was in my own room sleeping and again had to use the bathroom. this was probably 2 years later...i went upstairs and as soon as i got up there i saw something standing next to my parents' bed - in the same place i mentioned in the previous story, which would have been in the opposite corner from the top of the stairway. bathroom was in the corner to my left. anyway, i believe it was a gray. he didn't glow but he did have a very faint luminescence - just enough for me to see him in the near pitch-black room. i tried to stay calm and pretend i wasn't concerned with his presence. it just stared at me as i made my way over to the bathroom. i closed the door and flipped on the light and just stood there for a few minutes shaking, waiting to see if something was going to "get" me. i eventually did my business and got up enough courage to crack the door open enough to get a view of where he was standing but there was nothing there. i flipped off the light, bolted down the stairs and dove into my bed.

the third is one that cannot be explained away easily. i was 14 or 15 - just moved across town to a bigger/newer house. i woke up in the middle of the night because i heard a voice whispering my name over and over. i heard it even as i was waking up. after a few of these whispers i was fully awake and called out "WHAT?!". there was no reply. i didn't open my eyes initially and after not getting a reply i didn't want to. whether or not there was anything there, i really did feel like there was someone in the room with me. i just tried to pretend i fell back asleep. the next day i thought about it a lot and decided that it was just a very vivid dream that was sticking with me even as i was waking up. a couple of weeks later i had a friend over to spend the night. he fell asleep in my bed so i slept on the couch in the living room. the next morning he starts telling me about this whispering voice that woke him up and it was whispering MY name. that moment may have been one of the most frightening times of my life. i had never told anyone about my experience with the whispering. this is the one that still gets me.

these events used to be hard to even talk about, but since i've joined ATS i've gotten to tell them a few times and i've gotten more comfortable with them. there was a time though that it was paralyzing to even try to recall the memories and talk about them. this is why i thought you might still be interested even though they don't deal with ufo's per se. please feel free to ask questions or offer insight.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm glad that finding a community to talk about your experiences with has helped ease your mind. One of the things I'm writing about is the knee jerk reaction of fear and rejection by 'the masses' to things we don't understand.

Antar,

I'd be very interested to hear about your extensive and colorful past but I'm unable to u2u you until I have more posts. Feel free to u2u to me.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by desklamp3]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
When I was 16, one night I was done washing the dishes. I started to feel strange, "stoned" (even though I never had smoked pot). I really needed to look out of the kitchen window. So I did, and after a while I saw this thing. Actually I only saw a red light and a green light, probably attached to something. It looked very unprofessional. It hovered I have to guess 1000 meters from me above trees (very close to a flat of 10 floors) and then it slowly went down. I felt strange as if I was invited to see this spectacle.

Not long after this I started having dreams about ufo's. Allways the same format: I would be looking out of the window to the night sky to see nothing out of the ordinary. Then I would look away and look back again, now to see the sky filled with all sorts of objects. Objects flying and attaching themselves to other objects. Sort of invasion, but in my dreams I was never scared only very surprised. And I knew that the objects were of alien origin.

I think the last dream was when I was say 20. But lately I have been dreaming about ufo's again, yet not these kind of invation dreams.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I and a witness saw a huge triangle 300 feet above us and 300 yards from tip to tip of the triangle..huge. It was silent and we watched it come over us at about 5-10 mph, slowly moving along, black with a red light at each corner of the craft. I was afraid that it would set down on us and crush us to grease; it looked like it weighed a million tons..no kidding, it was that massive. Totally silent and level, it moved away from us and did a cartwheel motion into the sky and disappeared.

I am puzzled as to whether or not it was an alien or govt. craft. It was so big that being silent it had to be antigrav for sure. That says alien to me, but the govt, is well aware of them, so whoever was flying it, they wanted to be seen, for sure. It could have shut the red lights off, and we were the only people on a deserted country road at night on a motorcycle. I pulled over when it came into view, and as it passed over us, I was sure that whoever was in there was looking at us. The maneuver at the end, with the triangle turning up on edge and cartwheeling away, was no doubt intended as a goodbye gesture and blew our minds.

I am not ssure what the deal is, but as a close up witness who had another witness with me, I can tell you that they are intimidating and awesome, and scary. Too damned big to be in the sky!!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
UFO or US military? In late October 2004 I witnessed 2 objects orbiting a full moon slightly staggered through my 5" telescope. I watched this for nearly an hour. I assumed it was some type of satellite mapping, photographing etc. Very cool to watch, took anywhere from a minute and a half to two minutes to transverse the face. Disappeared over the horizon and re-appeared in about the same amount of time. Two small black dots. Decided it was not that big of a deal.

Next night the moon was still nearly full decided to take the telescope out again and see if it was still there. Sure enough watched this again. I assumed that one was a satellite and the other was a shadow. Then after 4th or 5th pass there was only one dot. Scratching head now, decided to find out what it was. Searched NASA site and ESA, nothing. Wrote several astrophysicists and others who I thought might be able to explain. The 2 replies I received stated there was nothing visible in a 5" scope going around the moon. From this point on I became a firm believer that all is not as being told. I have looked at the moon many times since that night witnessing nothing unusual. How did it change my life? From that day on I cannot go outside without first looking up, never know what you might see.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I have had the chance to witness a UFO on three different occasions. While all three were different and unique, it was not the sighting that stuck with me, but the feeling afterwards. I have always felt like I'm in on some HUGE secret. I feel a little scared sometimes when I read these plots on ATS. If I have seen Aliens, then what does that mean, as far as the credibility of the threat. Am I in the dark? Why did two of these make me feel calm, and one of them creep me out so bad?
But mostly, I feel like I need answers. I always wondered if a crazy person knows they are so? I need to know that I'm not crazy now.
Good Luck, let me know if you want the details. U2U works!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think about it every day. Call me crazy, but it sticks with me so much because like.... it was this 4-6 month period where I was having all sorts of weird and cool stuff happen, and now it's pretty much stopped, and I constantly wonder when, if ever, they will come back.

What I saw was ....well several things. Like BlueRacer (I live in the same area as he used to live when he was a kid), I've seen a bright orage glowing ball race over my house. That was in December of '06. Summer of '07 is when the sightings and encounters really started to heat up. In that one summer, I must have had three or four different UFO sightings. Two of which were very clear and very up close. Both of those sightings were of giant black rectangular craft that could light up panels on the side with any color light, but mostly red green blue and yellow. The first time I saw these craft, I believe it was an abduction, because I was asleep in my bed at night, and then all the sudden I was fully conscious, kneeling on my roof, waving goodbye as these three massive black rectangles slowly maneuvered away from directly above my neighborhood. They were AT LEAST half a football field in size, if not a whole football field.

I saw the same craft once again while I was driving to Pennsylvania, through Ohio on the Turnpike... I think the turnpike is very close to Lake Eerie (coincidence?)... but it was the same craft, just one this time, and I had been fully awake all night, so that confirmed to me that the previous encounter on the roof was completely real.

I have haqd a few brief close encounters as well. Those are a bit fuzzy, but I believe I've seen at least 3 different species. I was on here the other day, and someone mentioned seeing a green scaley humanoid that ALMOST looked reptilian standing in their room at night.... I saw something similar one night in my room.... this was probably back when I was 16 or 17.

A few other weird occurrences. I dunno if I'd call myself lucky or borderline psychotic, but if I am psychotic... my thoughts were then manifesting to other people I knew, too. So... I can't really say for sure. Nothing super unusual has happened in a while.

But the thoughts and memories stay with me always. I'm just really excited about what it could mean for our sorry state of existence right now.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
Good Luck, let me know if you want the details. U2U works!

Jason, I'd be very interested in hearing some details -- can you u2u me as I don't yet have enough posts to send a message.

thanks all for the replies

top topics

join