It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Avengers - Truth or Fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Other then being a great show, do you think somebody had inside information.

Dial A Deadly Number - The Avengers investigate a new device called the "bleeper", designed to help millionaire businessmen keep in touch, but used by an unscrupulous entreprenour to "reach out and kill someone" Dial... was written the same same year Bell Telephone introduced the "Bellboy" --- one of the first portable paging devices.

Watching these tapes from the sixties, sure seem to follow what's discussed on these boards.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Pre Haarp? The Hour That Never Was

Dogs and dead milkmen greet The Avengers when they visit Steed's wartime RAF base in Hamelin. Baffled by blackouts, Steed and Emma soon uncover an enemy agent"s scheme to plant brainwashed saboteuers throughtout England. But like a pair of Pied Pipers, The Avengers soon rid Hamelin of its rats.

Telling the truth in the 60"s. What happen to the good ol days.

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by rudelude]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't know (Since I have never seen them) but some older shows like that show how fiction was paralel to the future, even some comic books and books had stuff we now use today that wern't around when it was filmed/drawn/written. or espesualy the book 1984, even though nothing happned then it is coming in to play now.

So I doubt that it is "Inside" info...I just think that it is Reallity imatateing Fiction. But it is earily close isn't it....

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
That is an old show and I remember seeing several episodes of it but only being young at the time. It is rumoured that it was modelled on secret service agencies of the time (not too surprising is it), but I cannot comment on the tech displayed there. I am of the belief that military and secret service technology is several years ahead of what the public is aware as existing so the far out claims of programs like that are in the realm of that perceived reality.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Feck me ! - that's one from the archives !

It's been years since I saw the Avengers. I much preferred the original series though. The New Avengers were a steaming pile of , in my opinion. Steed tried his best of course, but was eventually forced to retire because of the sub-standard sidekicks in the late 70's.

new topics

top topics

join