It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Government Activity in Independence, CA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So last week I was driving from LA to Mammoth, and on the way up one town caught my interest. There is a town called Independence, its really small and is the county seat of Inyo County. On either side of the town as you enter, there is one of those signs like you would usually see that says what food/hotels are in the city or exit. And on the sign I recognized a symbol that was made up of a compass, looked like the one that appears at the denver airport etc. There was no other detail on it, except the letter g in the middle. It might sound pretty far off and speculative, but try and think of all the reasons an unexplained masonic symbol would appear on a sign in the middle of nowhere.

It is also very close to Manzanar, an area where Japanese Americans were detained during world war II. So perhaps it could have something to do with that. Also, it is up the highway from Lancaster/Palmdale and the Edwards Air Force Base, which I have heard before has some kind of secret government base under it. All the way up the highway, you can see various antennas on top of mountains.

So I was just wondering what you guys might think if it means anything and what it means if anything.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The Inyo Lodge Masonic Hall is located in Independence. It is one of the many local historic buildings. They have a web site here:

www.livermont.com...

join