It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did "they" let it grow???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Been a long time browser...this is my first post..and this is a question ive thought about but could never come to a conclusive answer..

Hope its in the right forum..

My question is why did the nwo/illuminati..the people in charge let the internet grow and get as popular as it is??

Is it that they just dont give a [snip] about what people share and know??

Or they didnt forsee it becoming this big??

Or are the really using it to control us and we dont know??

Im dunno how they have/will benefit from the internet being as big as it is..i mean..without the net...myself and PLENTY of more people would still be in the dark of whats really goin on..

With the internet in place u dont have to listen to the bs that is being fed to u on mainstraim media..

Was it a miscalculation on their part..a mistake..

Maybe u can look at it from a business point of view..the amount of money business make from the ordinary people through the net..but on the flip side..companies are losing millions because of large scale piracy..

Or is it proof that there is no nwo/illuminati..

Any thoughts..opinions??

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The answer is simple and very scary:
The internet is being used to identify each and every person who is a threat to them.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just my point of view but as far as using it to watch us, I kind of doubt it. That's an awful lot of people to monitor. I would imagine that there are programs out there that look for specific chatter and such. I mean we do have a little problem with terrorists, wouldn't you agree.
Let them do whatever they want with the internet. According to some people we are not supposed to be around very long to worry about it anyway, right?
As far a NWO and Illuminati, bring it on. The American people will not let that happen. I think everyone does not give Americans enough credit. Not gonna happen. If Bushy wants to give it a try he will be in for one heck of firefight. I for one say "No one will take my freedom away from me without one heck of a fight."

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vulgate

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

I hope this poem isn't over used, but I believe that is how it will go. Substitute whatever you want in there.
As for the internet, they're watching you I'm sure. Any information they receive is information they can use against you. It appears to be free, and hopefully it stays that way, but I feel there's someone in the shadows there keeping an eye on all of us.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The internet is a central point for all the ideas of humanity. It's convenient for them to monitor what's being said and who's saying it. They have absolutely no need to monitor everyone- just keep an eye on sites like this and have bots searching other sites for key words and phrases.

Now, on the other hand, I'm not convinced that the Illuminati would have much control over the growth of the internet. The main channel they operate through is the government and as of now, the government really has very little control over the internet. It could actually be the one thing they fear.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm not the NWO type, so I'll avoid comment on that specifically.

But I will say that "information overload" (both factual and erroneous) is as effective as actively suppressing information.

Source credibility is diluted by the shear number of available alternative sources.

If I were the NWO guy, I'd think the 'internets' would be exactly what we needed.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by loam]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
They knew they could make us dependant on it for information - and then they move in and control the information.

Profiling and tracking us all is just icing on the cake.

Look how easily Google, Myspace, Wikipedia, etc. can make information appear or disappear - then think how dependent we have become on these systems.

Internet 2 will be a centrailzed network - and will thus have the ability to filter or track anything on it or anyone using it - a control grid which is a dream come true for the elitests..

Did they underestimate us "serfs"? - definately - but we now have a very limted window of opportunity to use our new found cooperative networks against them.

Don't expect this new found freedom to last into the next decade - if good men and women do nothing...

top topics

join