It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(radio)activity in area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Well, a looked at this movie and I think it's not all true. They say that area51 was moved (i don't believe it was), because of radioactivity from underground tests in 40s and 50s. Is that possible?? Don't a few meters of rock stop radioactivity?? And is it true that activity of the base decreased in mid 1990s. I thought it increased

[edit on 30/1/08 by sovietman]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ah, the Jim Wilson disinformation. He drove down the wrong road, hitting the range 61 gate. He used Mail Box Road, which requires knowing where to turn. Had he started down Groom Lake Road from the ET Highway, he would not have screwed up.

Groom received it's share of fallout from above ground tests. However, the underground tests, other than venting, has not effected the base. The water flow is towards Death Valley. There was also a plutonium dispersal test near Groom Lake, but that area is confined. Remember that nuclear material is very heavy (high atomic number).

Michael AFB has been checked out a few times and nothing found.

These so-called documentaries are not really documentaries. The script is written before they even show up on scene. A film crew would have to spend years on scene to collect any real video.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
So, area 51 is not effected by any radioactivity??

Oh, I know about documentaries.
I don't believe everything they say, but I really didn't know about radioactivity in that area.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The NTS is cleaner than you might expect it to be. My recollection of the radiation near Sedan crater is around 25uR/hr. I don't know if that is beta+gamma or just gamma. I assume Groom is just as clean with the exception of the alpha contaminated area.

I've brought my geiger counter to Project Faultless, getting reading that were just background.
www.lazygranch.com...

I made a webpage of NTS leaks that reached free territory:
www.lazygranch.com...
Note the scale is mR/hr, not uR/hr. Even a few mR/hr, like you get from a hot rock, makes plenty of racket from the geiger counter. To read uR/hr, you need a decent geiger counter, i.e. more sensitive than your typical civil defense model.

new topics

top topics

join