It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papoose Airbrush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
37.174731, -115.772188

looks smudged

www.boblazar.com...

i was there looking at those coords

and was zooming out and in and found a road zoomed in (not near the road i wanted) and saw this smudge

img152.imageshack.us...

37.159085, -115.927455

the buildings here don't have shadows like the tower in front of them does and look a little smudged too

[edit on 25-1-2008 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OSSkyWatcher

can you check your co-ordinates for your smudge and repost

37.174731 - that holds up, puts you in the middle of the nevada desert!

BUT...

-115.772188 doesn't hold up.

115, puts you in nevada - generally, but 77minutes, 21 seconds doesn't work! there are only 60 minutes in an hour (degree)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
maps.google.com...

37.174731, -115.772188

+37° 9' 32.71", -115° 55' 38.84"

put both of those into google maps and i have no problems

img179.imageshack.us...

^^^ look at the shadows, maybe just empty lots but they look a bit smudged

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I've got them... they are almost certainly structures but i would lay money on them being a utility of some sort, water or gas storage, and i don't think they are smudged i think they are just at poor resolution because the mapping boys at google earth don't think anyone is interested enough in a corner of the desert to use the Hi-res images!

by the way... due to Googles stitching technique, you can't read anything into shadows as even features even yards apart can be made up of different images taken at different times!

as it goes however i think those items are probably partially buried as many storage tanks are.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
the first smudge is pretty clear though, look at the way they are on google maps, the resolution is great everywhere else, the roads leading to the place, all of it is pretty good except for near the groom road entrance before the mountains for some reason....

i noticed that from far away, then zoomed in on it, i was trying to zoom in on a little guard tower sized thing

smudged might not be the right word, maybe foggy?

i have done a bit in photoshop and my mom use to use it a lot and it doesn't look right

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
zoomed in

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I'm getting a pretty even resolution all round that area to be honest, there are a few bits at different resolutions stitched in, but they really are of nothing but desert!

i think the one you have highlighted in that image is an area that has been cleared at some point and is now wind swept, if you look at the way the top corner changes from desert with bushes to the 'smudge' part it does it as i would expect say, a sand dune to emerge from grassland (examples of this can be seen around the UK coast line)

Interpreting aerial images is really hard sometimes... i don't know if i'm right or not!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't mean to be rude or anything but I think your wasting your time with satellite images. If there is an airbrush its probably so thorough that absolutely no anomalies will be apparent.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I don't mean to be rude or anything but I think your wasting your time with satellite images. If there is an airbrush its probably so thorough that absolutely no anomalies will be apparent.

I would have to agree with you there. If they wanted to make something "go away" on an image, the blurring would only attract attention.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i never said anything about anamolies

if you took the time to actually go to the coordinates on google maps you can clearly see that this box shape blurred/fogged/smudged section is not natural, it sticks out compared to everthing around it, i didn't even want to post links to the screen shots because i wanted people to go to the google maps and zoom in and see for themselves what i saw, but then nobody would see this lol and nobody would know that the images are altered

or am i missing something here when i post this because i see altered and possibly censored images of the nellis range

it's not just this one either

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Google just greyed out all they maps over area 51.. covering it up

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hmmm.. yeah it looks a bit weird. Maybe they really blurred something out there. But this raises my question: are they hiring noobs for altering satellite images?

check out my thread, where i painted out Area 51. It took me about 15 min to do
that and it has a much better quality.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is a little off topic maybe.

I am sure I heard that only the first Google Earth beta ever had pictures of Area 51, after that they had to remove certain locations and or alter them.

I am sure that goes for any site like Google Earth as well.

Anyone else ever hear anything about that? because I remember looking into Area 51 back when Google earth first came out and was told by a beta user that places like Area 51 and other government locations where removed after the first beta.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
nasa had nasa worldwind too

they didn't sensor area 51 though (as far as i knew at the time, i could see the runway and everything, it was all there) at the time though i hadn't had proof of area 51 like that until then so...i don't think i could have spotted anything anyways

and after all nasa does have the reputation of messing with their photos

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Hi everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong place but I noticed something similar on Google maps the other day... was the first time I have seen anything like it.
42°42'31.38n 77°42'16.49w Is this what you normally see on online maps to cover something up? I did look at the site mentioned in this thread and the one I saw was very different.

new topics

top topics

join