It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was a thread somewhat critical of S. Friedman pulled?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hmm...

I remember participating in a discussion thread that discussed valid criticisms of S. Friedman not too long ago (maybe before his most recent interview here) and it looks like it was pulled.

Is ATS pulling threads critical of UFOlogists (or others) who are gracious enough to be interviewed here?

It surely seems this is the case - that's not a good sign - is this because of the sites greater penetration into the mainstream?

I mean, congrats on the 1mil mark, but we don't need another heavily censoring social network - is this what we have become?

Anyone else notice this?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
(This thread should be in a different forum)

Are you talking about this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are not being very specific.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthMagnet

ATS is a very busy site, did you try the search function? It's most likely the thread Dulcimer linked above or it is buried in the back pages of the forum because of the traffic the forum is getting. With over 4,000 new posts a day it doesn't take long for a thread to move "down the line" and off the first page of listings. SEARCH is your friend.

ATS does not "pull threads" unless they violate the TAC.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ha! - no it was very recent - within the last two weeks...

Thanks for the nostalgia trip tho!

Seriously tho - I can only participate from time to time so I use the myATS function quite a bit to catch up on discussions I participate in.

And the thread is not therte either - I am quite sure it was deleted - and I really don't like my posts going down the memory hole so I find it quite frustrating when that happens...

Oh Well - there is no way I can prove it - maybe I should resort to taking screenshots of my posts?

I assure you that something funny seems to be afoot - I'm sure a recount will find the "missing" threads if paypal ever releases the funds for it...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The last two weeks?! Let's see, that's only 56,000 plus posts...

It is surely BURIED deep in the pages...

Did you even TRY SEARCH?

The only thing "funny going on here" is your apparent inability or unwillingness to try search, we don't delete threads unless they violate the TAC.

S...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

If it was trashed, it would still be visible in your myATS page. If you tried to click it, you would not have access. (IF it were in the Trash Bin) But it would still be visible in your listing. If you're saying it's not in your myATS listing anymore, than I suspect you're just looking in the wrong spots.

As Mark has said, threads are not removed unless they violate the Terms & Conditions Of Use. But at the pace our members are posting, it's not a stretch to think that a thread can get lost in the shuffle very quickly.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I've seen some threads vanish every now and then, it's rare, but I've seen similar issues with not being able to see them in myATS. There was a thread about a year and half ago that Val and I were both in, one or more of my posts completely dropped off the thread. I don't remember much more than that though. Weird stuff happens.
What was the title of the original thread?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Oh - yeah - well this isn't the first thread I've seen "get lost in the shuffle".

It's good to know that if it WAS deleted it SHOULD still be in my myATS links...

I know my myATS links didn't get deleted because my participation in a few threads that were far older are still appearing in there.

And - yes - of course I did a search on all things Friedman and couldn't find it - so please don't insult me.

Either way - not the first time - won't be the last - just trying to keep things honest around here - and it's dissapearance seemed a little tooo conincidental with Dr. Friedman's interview/appearance here...

I think some good things were discussed - shame it may have gotten the ol "Fox" treatment.

I actually suspected it might - next time I will take a screenshot...

(I'm not really agro or anything - I learned to accept ATS was not the bastion of turth and freedom I had hoped for a long time ago - sure beats the heck out of a lot of other places tho)

new topics

top topics

join