It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK FOIA documents?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Is it possible to request the classified JFK documents, under the FOIA?

What is stopping someone from sending in a request for all the FBI/CIA/NSA/etc.. documents regarding the JFK assassination?

Are these documents already public? Or are they still locked up unitl 2017 when the Warren Commission Report is supposed to be released? By the way, what the hell is up with that release date? Why is it on lockdown until 2017?

If these documents are public, what is the general consensus on the issue? If they aren't public, can they be made public?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Anything that would point to the culprits has been classified; which, right there, should make people suspicious.
Originally, they weren't to be released until 100 years after the assasination (2063). Did they change it?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
According to Wikipedia (and the movie JFK), the documents from the Warren Commission Report aren't supposed to be released until 2017.

Under the guidlines of the Constitution/Declaration of Independence/FOIA, aren't we allowed to have these documents revealed to us immediately?

WE THE PEOPLE have the right to see what is in these documents. There is no "National Security" risk involved with releasing these documents (unless you count exposing the government as corrupt murderers), so there is no reason why they should still be locked up.

This is a country for the people and by the people. The government has no right to keep this information from the people. Any and all information should be available for the general public to sift through and make their own conclusions.

We should all march to DC and demand them give us the documents. This our country, we have the right to have the documents.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I agree with you, we should have these documents! I suspect it would not look good for a number of politicians to have these released. After JFK's murder, this whole country changed for the worse.

top topics

join