It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame: Americans & and her Allies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Ok...sigh..loooong breath, i've pretty much beat this topic to death in a prosaic of threads here...but still im bothered by what i see. Now, im assuming that most 'posters' here are American or at the very least hail from a free country.

Simply put, i'm at the verge of tears as to what we've become and are becoming, a nation of soft liberal spectators sitting idly by with their electronic toys and sat TV's. The very mention of conspiracy during 911 is an outright shame and i tremble to think that those that do are my countrymen. To empathize with an enemy that sooo hates you (and they do, believe me) and wish for nothing more than the death of our children enrages me to no end. There is an absence of honor amongst us and a prevalant overriding sense of non-envolvement. We, as free thinkers, have a DUTY to push our Constitution and spread liberty throughout the globe. We all want freedom, even those whom dont deserve it. Furthermore the only real "free" people in countries such as Iraq are the ones in charge, the Dictators, the killers and rapists...even they are subject to bodily dismissal at the very slighting of their superiors. Many countless people from torn nations like Iraq have bled miles to defect for the sake of thier families.

I am, on this day, NOT proud to acknowledge the masses(Democratic nations) as my equals.

Sometimes, people, you just have to roll up your sleeves, loike our ancestors did, and get your damn hands dirty.

any thoughts are welcome from the social liberal left...please enlighten me as to why i'm wrong and why you disagree.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sometimes, things remind me of what I learned in High School about Rome. Remember "bread and circuses"? Seems to me that as long as they throw the American public handouts and keep them entertained with Reality TV, everyone will shut up and color.

Kids today want a $100,000+ a year job as soon as they leave High School. Everyone expects the government to bail them out if they get into some sort of trouble (i.e., the airlines, the mortgage crisis). Honor seems like something you read about in history books.

What's the West Point motto? "Duty, Honor, Country". All sounds good to me. JFK poses the question, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what can you do for your country." You don't have to join the service, or, God forbid, become a politician, but everyone can give to their community or town.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Seems to me that you are already enlightened.
And you shouldn't take anything personal. Saying that 9/11 was an inside job, or that Bush is a war criminal is not anti American. At least that is how i think of it.

Now Help enlighten the masses!!

I don't live there but i do my best.

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power
www.guardian.co.uk...

Fascist America, in 10 easy steps
www.guardian.co.uk...

Talk by Naomi Wolf - The End of America
nl.youtube.com...

Bush Family Nazi Connection
nl.youtube.com...

The Men Who Sold The World
www.youtube.com...

Rockefeller Interview & Real ID/RFID
nl.youtube.com...

John F. Kennedy Speech on secret societies and freedom of press
nl.youtube.com...

Truth Art:
nl.youtube.com...
nl.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just thought I'd clarify something on behalf of the world...

WE DON'T HATE AMERICANS... WE DETEST the Bush Administration and those that support it and its Neocon Allies.

One problem I have with posts like this are the way your average American will become defensive thinking the attack is aimed at them personally. And I can understand why.

Just a plea to further posters with the same topic or agenda in mind here. Please direct your attack to the source, and not the great people of America. Thanks.

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueyedevil666

Simply put, i'm at the verge of tears as to what we've become and are becoming, a nation of soft liberal spectators sitting idly by with their electronic toys and sat TV's. The very mention of conspiracy during 911 is an outright shame and i tremble to think that those that do are my countrymen. To empathize with an enemy that sooo hates you (and they do, believe me) and wish for nothing more than the death of our children enrages me to no end.

You make the error of believing that believing in a 9/11 conspiracy equals hating America. It means no such thing, other than that the official 9/11 conspiracy is bunk, and that the American people were manipulated (and many innocents murdered) for a war agenda...

There is an absence of honor amongst us and a prevalant overriding sense of non-envolvement. We, as free thinkers, have a DUTY to push our Constitution and spread liberty throughout the globe. We all want freedom, even those whom dont deserve it. Furthermore the only real "free" people in countries such as Iraq are the ones in charge, the Dictators, the killers and rapists...even they are subject to bodily dismissal at the very slighting of their superiors. Many countless people from torn nations like Iraq have bled miles to defect for the sake of thier families.

I am, on this day, NOT proud to acknowledge the masses(Democratic nations) as my equals.

Sometimes, people, you just have to roll up your sleeves, loike our ancestors did, and get your damn hands dirty.

I take it you volunteered for the armed forces? How's the fight for democracy going?

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blueyedevil666

Your post made me think of these words, spoken by Jim Garrison 40 years ago. I find them extremely prescient, and they explain much of why you feel as you do. Here is the link to the entire interview.

we in America are in great danger of slowly evolving into a proto-fascist state. It will be a different kind of fascist state from the one of the Germans evolved; theirs grew out of depression and promised bread and work, while ours, curiously enough, seems to be emerging from prosperity. But in the final analysis, it's based on power and on the inability to put human goals and human conscience above the dictates of the state. Its origins can be traced in the tremendous war machine we've built since 1945, the "military-industrial complex" that Eisenhower vainly warned us about, which now dominates every aspect of our life. The power of the states and Congress has gradually been abandoned to the Executive Department, because of war conditions; and we've seen the creation of an arrogant, swollen bureaucratic complex totally unfettered by the checks and balances of the Constitution.

In a very real and terrifying sense, our Government is the CIA and the Pentagon, with Congress reduced to a debating society... the clever manipulation of the mass media is creating a concentration camp of the mind... We're not going to wake up one morning and suddenly find ourselves goose-stepping off to work. But this isn't the test. The test is: What happens to the individual who dissents? In Nazi Germany, he was physically destroyed; here, the process is more subtle, but the end results can be the same.

...this is no longer the dreamworld America I once believed in. The imperatives of the population explosion, which almost inevitably will lessen our belief in the sanctity of the individual human life, combined with the awesome power of the CIA and the defense establishment, seem destined to seal the fate of the America I knew as a child and bring us into a new Orwellian world where the citizen exists for the state and where raw power justifies any and every immoral act. I've always had a kind of knee-jerk trust in my Government's basic integrity, whatever political blunders it may make. But I've come to realize that in Washington, deceiving and manipulating the public are viewed by some as the natural prerogatives of office. Huey Long once said, "Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism." I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think the OP's point is that there is a large group of extreme people that are very intelligent, have lots of money, are willing to kill anyone even themselves, use perverted religion ideals to gather ignorant masses to do their bidding, have governments supporting them that have only one agenda and that is to bring America down. We call them terrorist for we are those who they want to kill and remove our way of life off the earth. Others and some on ATS might call them freedom fighters for they believe in their cause then so be it but if your American I don't think they like you very much and so you better rethink whose side you are on.

Whether you have 1 or 50 conspiracies the OP is mostly upset that you all do not recognize this threat out there and are more willing to ignore it for you own personal cause about Bush and his NWO. This time next year Bush will be out of the office but the terrorist will still be there. Your NWO will still be a ghost in the night, but terrorist will be in your face ever chance they can get.

This has nothing to do with whether the US is right or wrong, nor whether anyone feels Bush is an idiot or not, but it does have everything to do with people who want to kill you, me and our way of life for whatever reason they may have. You can blame it all on the US or you can blame it all on them for the fact remains the same in you do not need to look under you bed for the bogyman for the only bogyman out there is wearing a vest with explosives and ball bearing in it, and if you are part of America then he is looking for you.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You mean like the people the CIA sponsered of course? You do realise how the CIA install puppet governments (against those countries peoples wills) and start false flag wars? You do realise by their own very definition of the term "terrorists", the CIA fall under this category?

If you understand this, what are you doing to bring this to light and expose their actions?

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
You mean like the people the CIA sponsered of course? You do realise how the CIA install puppet governments (against those countries peoples wills) and start false flag wars? You do realise by their own very definition of the term "terrorists", the CIA fall under this category?

If you understand this, what are you doing to bring this to light and expose their actions?

As I said it doesn't make a difference on who is right or wrong and the only reason they are called terrorist by us is because they are against us.

Did you miss the point to my post?

I could get into a debate on whether a group supported by the US (like Saddam) took all that support and decided to go his own merry way against the country that helped him in the first place. He still freely made the choice in the direction he wanted to go and just like others whose choice was against the US even after the US supported them.

The point is still in what my last post states.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Who is us?

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The fact that you had the nerve to say that we "conspirators" actually "empathize" with terrorists is by far a very naive point of view to have. Those here that put effort towards figuring out the truth, whatever that may be, show more empathy towards their own country men and our constitution than any current politician, so please, don't try and place Bush in a pedestal he doesn't deserve to be in. These people know something is wrong and in my opinion are trying to remind people that it is WE the PEOPLE that are ultimately in charge and not the govt. After 9/11 we have been stripped of many rights thanks to the Patriot Act and Patriot Act 2, and soon we will even loose our identity as citizens thanks to the SPP. Many here understand that the threat of terrorism is real, but that doesn't mean we fight it by betraying the very freedoms and principles our founding fathers wrote about. Think about that.

You think this is a personal vendetta against Bush and republicans and you couldn't be farther from the truth. This is a vendetta against all politicians, liberals and republicans, that have besmirched the very constitution you and I hold dear. All for the sake of "security" and "freedom". I know this has been brought up many times, but it needs to be said over and over again until you and everyone like you understands "He who gives up rights for temporary security, deserves neither" -Ben Franklin.- We can't fight terrorism until we clean up our own house. Until we do, we can't and won't fight terrorism succesfully, just look at the border situation if you need any further proof.

top topics

join