It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the decline of the dollar be the catalyst for a world currency???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

The lack of something to complain about?

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thanks for all the reply's guys, appreciated.
With regard to what everyone's been saying, I'd never really considered the money that could be made through dodgy currency dealing, although it seems obvious now. But i still find it hard to envisage how a total One World Currency could work, I mean aren't the different currencies what allow everthing to have its price, are they not like checks and balances that maintain the wealth and value of products and nations. Its interesting stuff, because like somebody said if these differences were removed then would it not be like global financial osmosis, wherby poorer nations assimilated the wealth of there more prosperous neighbours, and interesting theory, and if true an increadable leveller.
With regard to a One World Government, if done with truelly good intentions, by honerable people then yes, it could be a great thing. However that is a staggering amount of power to give any group, in my eye's to much power, look at how our polititians lie, cheat, kill and corrupt as it is, I wouldn't trust a single one to babysit my child...if I had a child that needed babysitting that is! I don't believe the current class of modern polititian could be trusted with suchweighty responsibility.
Just my 2 cents,

Mal,

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The new world currency is provisionally called "The Phoenix". There are plenty of old editions of The Economist that have discussed this world currency and how the U.S. dollar would have to collapse as part of the world currency's advent.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Malacalypse23

Well money was something made up to replace bartering right?
Which is basically putting a value on something based on how much work/materials/etc and so forth. Correct?

As for the rest and not trusting our current leaders, yea I am totally with you on that one.
But PERHAPS that is what is needed to make us finally give up this BS we do so much.
Let the scumbags unify us for their own greedy little reasons.
Then jack our lives back from them and move on AS A SPEICES rather than this or that group or this or that group.
And the only way we will ever get out of all this BS we are currently soo wrapped up in is bleeding. It's our nature.

To quote B5
"It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world. Because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." ~ G'Kar (Babylon 5)

And of course. We haven't learned. Years of history scream at us, gazillions of victims of our vast amount of injustices cry out and we hear what we want to hear.
Perhaps the way I said above will have to be the only way we can fix ourselves.

Darn I waxed philosophical and babbly. Hope I made some sense.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The only way a world govt will work is if it is based on direct democracy,
we have the tools, lets use them!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join