It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will ATS members be targeted for spreading the truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
ATS has grown expidentially within the last few years.

Type in a 'keyword' and more than likely, the first few results will direct you to the ATS site.

What has me worried is the fact that each keystroke that pertains to any word surrounding the government or highly classified controverial issues, is being monitored by a 'data base' somewhere

The closer we come to decifering all that is around us (the more we open up Pandora's Box) this will undoubtedly put us on the front burner.

Have you ever noticed in different threads, people will 'deliberately' mis-spell words? Their whole post will look like it was put through a thorough Spell Check, then you'll see a few words that will stand out. These few words are not spelled correctly or made to sound 'phonetical'. i.e. Government (correct spelling) will be govment (incorrect spelling).

We all make spelling errors from time to time, but I'm noticing an increase regarding the deliberate attempt to 'hide ones tracks'.

Another example would be using the telephone. There are 'key words' that are 'picked up' or 'honed in on', if that particular word is mentioned more than a few times in the conversation. i.e. 'bomb', 'drugs', etc. If there is repeated useage of 'detrimental' words, no doubt the caller will be under the microscope for some time.

With so many 'truths', running across the threads, I wonder if perhaps one of us ATS'ers have hit pay-dirt (even unknowingly) and are being monitored as we speak.

I wonder if anyone has ever been taken aside, and told that, "If you don't stop spreading these truths, people will find your bleached bones out in the desert."

Just like they told the Roswell folks back in 1947. Hmmmm.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hmm...to be honest I haven't read something mindblowing or close to what is "importendly secret" now.
As you know they are now moving the public into believing into UFOs noone gets monitored for that or so anymore.

If you want to be monitored better talk about what they do in the underground bases and how they abduct children for programming and sort of stuff but really what is "secrecy" threatening at ATS? I haven't read so much of that kind..

But who really cares i wouldn't, I'd certainly die for it If i had a unique piece of classified info to spread for the public.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Paul the seeker]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

So if I say
drugs
kidnap
terrorist
extortion
tax evasion
George Bush looks like an ape

Then your thread and you will be on the goviment hitlist?

YAY!! glad I could help
.. Watch out for those black vans outside

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul the seeker

But who really cares i wouldn't, I'd certainly die for it If i had a unique piece of classified info to spread for the public.

Then you might also want to check my other topic-related thead HERE

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Dunno. lolol That's quite the list you have there!

I was thinking more along the lines of 'repeated-useage'.

I also ran across a few threads from time to time, whereby posters, start up threads that talk about 'black vans', helicopters, et al.

There's a fine line between the 'implausible' to an actual 'possibility of being surveillanced.'

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Don't like diggin threads up.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ducky..

If ATS members dug up and discussed stuff which should be spoken about at the intelligence agency level, sure...Perhaps some members may get a visit...

Me personally,I consider it a occupational challenge

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Reply to TheDuckster

The closer we come to decifering all that is around us (the more we open up Pandora's Box) this will undoubtedly put us on the front burner.

I agree.
I think they monitor on the issues being discussed and its details, but I don’t think they will send black vans or anything as it’s a conspiracy site and none of our views will really open or change the minds of the Masses out there YET.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Good thread. I have to say if I revealed something that I thought was top secret and some government goon came to visit, it would absolutely lead me to believe I was on the track of truth. Once gone down that road for me there would be no turning back, death or not I would continue. That old saying of if is isnt a conspiracy then why are they after me?

I am sure this site is looked after by the powers that be, and I am sure that certain members here are looked at closer then others. I often wonder what members here work for government agencies, there seem to be a few that are questionable imo. If we are monitored, I have a few words for you, you dont scare me, truth will win in the end, stop prying into my life, people are aware of what you are doing, and go to hell.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by gunner36]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I believe there is no reason for a poster to be concerned that he is going to be the subject of an investigation from what I have read here at ATS. I have read nothing that, IMHO, could be construed as detrimental to anyone or any government.

If a person is being investigated or under surveillance they will not know it easily. There will be no black vans or helicopters until the authorities are ready to apprehend the subject of the investigation. Wiretaps can now be done without that old "click" that was indicative of a phone tap of earlier years.

I speak from experience as I have been the subject of more that one investigation from the federal level. I must preface my next statement by saying I was born in the deep south in the 40's and was conditioned from birth to believe certain races were inferior to my race. Later I learned this to be not true. Then came the VietNam war and the hippie movement. I was young, fearless, daughter of a political figure and felt a need to be heard and to make a difference in our world no matter what the danger to body and soul.

In order to add validity to this post I will give a few details and organizations I was a member or closely associated with. During pre revolution ( hippie movement) I was a member of the NAAWP and attended several meeting and gatherings of the KKK. During the revolution I became aware that the teachings in the old south were untrue and I disengaged myself from the former groups I was active in.

I went to a peace movement in Atlanta Georgia and listened to a man named Timothy Leary. His mantra was, " Turn on, tune in, drop out". He was anti establishment as I was and promised an awakening of the spirit. I joined the movement created by Mr. Leary's convincing arguments against society as it was. I later participated in certain experiments that shall go unnamed. There were literally thousands in this group. Yes, there were helicopters and other government personal present at most gatherings but it was for crowd control.

The real investigators infiltrate groups and become active members and may investigate for a year or sometimes longer and you never know who the are until they arrest you. Many times you never know who it was as they disappeared. During this time people came and went without much notice or care.

It is my opinion that some people have a need to feel mysterious, important, or draw attention to themselves when they say they are being followed or helicopters are hoovering over their homes. I have been carted off to jail for my actions concerning my beliefs and never known my detractors. There were suspicions but as I said earlier some suspected informants simply were never seen again.

I am not privy to others U2U's. I've only received one slightly suspect U2U. There may be an inner circle of members of ATS that use other means of communication. Being an old hippie I would hope someone, somewhere is trying to make a difference in our world and putting feet on their ideas and theories.

I always think of the telephone as a giant ear, the television as a propaganda tool, and the Internet forums as a huge monitor for all to see. Never speak a word or put into writing what you would not want made public to the masses. In this day of satellite surveillance and listening devices it isn't necessary to waste personal or money on the obvious investigators.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Wasnt Leary considered the most dangerous man in America at one point? That is what kind of woke me from my slumber, listening to Tools salival album for the first time, I heard Leary. Think for yourself question authority, that speech woke me up. I dont know why but it just resonated with me for some reason, I heard that and I was like holy crap I have been missing what I need to find all this time. I dont know if him being the most dangerous man was a justifiable statement, but some of his thoughts seem pretty insightful to me. Again I dont know I wasnt involved in his movement.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There's the possiblity that a very select few could be targeted for, knowing or trying to expose something. Read this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And you'll understand what I mean. I know I won't be targetted because what I know either a) is something everyone knows, b) is for the most part speculation and c) I've already covered my tracks on what I DO know. Granted, my dad has already warned me (him having been a cop for over 10 years, he says I probably already have the FBI watching me, so I have to keep silent)

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

DD, Thankyou for sharing your story with us.

This stands out in my mind:

The real investigators infiltrate groups and become active members and may investigate for a year or sometimes longer and you never know who the are until they arrest you. Many times you never know who it was as they disappeared. During this time people came and went without much notice or care.

Save for tracking any IP addresses, anonyminity remains, amongst most of our posters here on ATS. We, the members 'choose or not' to divulge information of our own accord.

What are the odds, that a few have infiltrated into this site?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You are most welcome Ducky. Thank you for the interesting thread.

It never ceases to amaze me when I hear someone say they are being watched. A hunter doesn't make himself visible to his prey if he wants a kill. He goes undercover. And so it is with our illustrious government agents.

Thanks to modern electronics the agents job is much easier now.

It would seem reasonable that unless a poster threatens or writes of a plot against a government they could theorize till the cows come home with little or no attention. It is also reasonable we could have disinformation agents as members.

I hope people with information pertinent to ATS forums will come forward without fear of reprisal from the government.

It is much better to be imprisoned by another than to be in a prison created by oneself.

Dizzie

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gunner36

Yes Gunner, Leary was considered a very dangerous man. He came into his heyday when social values were being questioned. Children and young people were to be seen and not heard. Daddy was the leader of the family and ruled with a an iron hand. It was a time of sexual revolution also.

Leary was very charismatic. He was the pied piper. He opened a pathway to enlightenment. Our souls were set free to question and discover feelings and matters kept hidden.

The riots and demonstration against the Vietnam war did not make our government happy. We were supposed to do as we were told and accept what was happening. Mr. Leary planted seeds of disenchantment against our government that are bearing fruit today.

top topics

join