It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if a big asteroid kicks our moon away from Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Hi Odessy, because of your thread I come with this one, I hope you doint mind.

There are a few possibilities that could start Humans doomsday.

1. An immense natural disaster, like climate change because of some sort of global warming.

2. World war III.

3. The very realistic change of a nearby passing or collision with Earth by a big asteroid.

4. The possible change of a nearby passing or collision with Earth by Planet X, Niburu, or the Destroyer comet.

But what happens when our Moon leaves Earth orbit as an effect of a nearby passing or collision with a big asteroid.

What will happen with life on Earth then?
Well, in my opinion it must have a giant effect on all living things, our flora and fauna, so it will definitely effect us Humans to.
How long could we Humans survive it, weeks, months, maybe years?
Is there a possibility that there will be Humans who survive it and live on?
What is your opinion?

It is well known that the moon causes tides, however the sun would also have an impact upon tides if the moon was removed. It is estimated that without the moon, tides would still exist but would be one third as high as they are today. Without the moon we would only have low and high tides, as there would be no neap or spring tides that occur when the sun and moon are on opposite sides of the earth.

If the moon was taken away there would also be an effect on the earth's rotation. Without the moon's significant gravitational pull, the earth would rotate faster, perhaps much faster, making days on earth shorter. Speedy rotation would cause faster winds, many reaching hurricane proportions.

Sourse; archive.thenorthernecho.co.uk...

[edit on 9/1/08 by spacevisitor]

join