It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bricket woods hanging UK St,Albans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well to start off with let me say how i found out about this myth.

Well me and my mother and my girlfriends was driving back from a family dinner and it was 1AM by the time we left and we went past bricket woods on the way back and me and my girl friend wanted to go in and have a look and my mum was like no we are not its bad and saying about some myth. Well we asked her when we got home and she sais this.

I bricket woods there was a lot of men and woman going there to hang them selves. All of the hangings happened at night. One of the reasons they had hang them selves is they went in to the wood at night and the wood had made them mad and want to kill them selfs. Another is some one or some thing had made them hang them selves.

Now this is what makes me think there is some thing werid going on in the wood. A man who lived next door to us was found hanging from a tree in the woods. Now this man was a happy man with a wife and three kids and one of them kids had just been born. So thats what makes me think some thing werid is going on.

But i dont know what to think and what do you guys think.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I know Bricked wood very well, I often would go there when i was a teen with my friends,

I have heard theres some odd storys from there, The woods where also used by wiccans,

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I didnt know that and there is nothing about the woods on the net.

WERID!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This reminds me of something I heard growing up out in the country here in NY State. There was this area that everyone called 'Spook Woods' where witches would dance naked around a fire they'd start while casting spells. Pre-revolution stuff. Game became scarce in the area and hunters would be afraid of being out in the woods even during the daytime. Strange sounds are heard and weird animal tracks are still found in this area even today in the 21st Century.
In the early 1820's, a country doctor and his family took in a strange woman after they found two hunters and their horses mutilated. Shortly afterwards, the daughter's health started failing. At a loss as to why his daughter was dying, the Dr. turned to a local sheriff and a local preacher who performed several religious rites to bless the daughter and the house. The strange woman became violent and had to be physically restrained. They took her away and then proceeded to finish the religious rites, whereupon the daughters health got better.

join