It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Allegro a shill of The Rockefeller's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I think so, and if I am right, the credit would go to the Rockefeller's who are masters of disinformation.

heres the deal

After the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered a Rockefeller campaign was launched to gain total control of them, they succeeded btw. And for the next fifty or so years the only people that were allowed to study the scrolls were the eight or so people that Rockefeller picked to do so in the “Scrollery” of the Rockefeller Museum.

One of those men was John Allegro. Allegro then made many claims about the scrolls he studied claims like that the “teacher of righteousness” was crucified and exhibited the same qualities of Jesus, Im sure most of you have heard this version, one reason is because It was very liberally promoted by the BBC and the Newspapers at the time.

Although Allegro retracted his initial claims after the first BBC interview when the rest of his colleagues wrote a letter to the times saying he was making it all up.
Here is where it gets interesting, Since most if not all of the rest of the men on the scroll team were Catholic it was a knee jerk reaction to assume that Allegro was the Maverick renegade in search of the truth, and the rest were Jesuit stooges trying to save face for the Christian story. Most of us conspiracy types buy this without much question, but the reason we now know allegro was either a shill or very unqualified is because the scroll monopoly was finally broken in the 1990’s and now every scholar who wants to can look at the dead sea scrolls unedited, and Allegro was now unquestionably wrong, not only was the teacher of righteousness not crucified he wasn’t even said to be killed and this was Allegro’s main point arguably,

I submit that its much like the Bin Laden videos, which one day are on every news outlet’s front page, and the next day, the authenticity of it is retracted on the back page. It doesn’t matter that it wasn’t “real” because the public already bought it and filed it away as such.

I know this is hard for some of you to believe because we in this conspiracy world have bought a alternate paradigm that’s very cleverly been provided for us but this same principal is done often with discrediting Christianity, recent cases in point: The Da vinci code: a heavily funded book claiming to be fact. That only later do we find it to be anything but. And the Jesus Tomb etc…These things are to Joe Six pack hard facts that have never been refuted, but to even a moderate researcher (regardless of religion) are known to be unfounded.

The details and history of this scrolls thing is fascinating I did a radio show on it here
nowheretorun.podomatic.com...

Also most of the things I stated in this post are referenced in this timeline of the scrolls here:
www.gnosis.org...

and for the record I am no defender of the Vatican I am sure that that’s about as nefarious an organization as you can get. But then again, I think they are about as Christian as a ouiji board too, and to me it appears their agenda is and always has been seriously anti-Christian. So I understand how all the Allegroites fell for this..its really very clever IMO.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Amenti]

join