It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welsh Lake Monster Filmed...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Another interesting video - this time from Wales, UK. Any ideas as to what it could be?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yay Wales! It looks like something moving yes, but it's hard to come to any conclusion. At some stages it looks like it is moving against the current of water. It seems to be moving very rigid though, not natural in my opinion - so it could be an inanimate object.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think this guy has delusions about being Indiana Jones by the way he is dressed. When was this footage taken? did you notice he is using a 35mm film camera and an old VHS recorder, must be quite old.

Also he is saying it looked 18 to 25ft long. Did you notice the rocks in the foreground. They didn't look like they fitted that sort of scale to me. could be wrong though.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Some cool footage to say the least. Definitely a little better then your average shots of a lake monster. Its hard to say how big it was other then taking the guys word for it, even the rocks in the pics did give a good scale of size... I'm thinking that instead of trying to get pics and vids of the "monster" they should go out there with a high powered tranquilizer gun and stick a dart in the thing. I don't want to kill it, but an elephant tranquilizer would give scientist some time to study the beast.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
removed sorry for double post

[edit on 21-12-2007 by W3RLIED2]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jon1
I think this guy has delusions about being Indiana Jones by the way he is dressed. When was this footage taken? did you notice he is using a 35mm film camera and an old VHS recorder, must be quite old.

Also he is saying it looked 18 to 25ft long. Did you notice the rocks in the foreground. They didn't look like they fitted that sort of scale to me. could be wrong though.

Well he IS scottish after all
They are not known for spending money too often...heheh..

J.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
It seems to be moving very rigid though, not natural in my opinion - so it could be an inanimate object.

Interesting, I will give it that. However, I'm pretty confidant that it is a log. Proably one that has been on the bottom for a while and then pops up to the surface.

In the video they only show what they want you to see. What happens in the end of the video? Does it still float there or does it swim away? It was close enough to the shore where something was bound to happen, if it continued in the same direction. Only seeing a small bit of the clip tells me that something is fishy, and its not in the water.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm not so sure its a log. If you notice the ripples on the water are moving the opposite direction of the object being filmed. That suggest to me that this is not an inanimate object, because driftwood usually moves with the direction of the wind/current. Also the thing in the water is creating its own ripple effect as it moves. Driftwood will create ripples, but not to the degree that this is.

P.S. Check this one out, very realistic looking
Good Lochness footage

[edit on 21-12-2007 by W3RLIED2]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Strange Universe? Wasn't this show on like 10 years ago or more? How old is this clip?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
it does seem to be working against the current, strange footage to be sure (is it a log?, is it a lake monster? who knows but all in all its fun to speculatate< sp >)

[edit on 12/12/2005 by krill]

[edit on 12/12/2005 by krill]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well to me it looks a bit like an aligator, allthough it is possibly that a race of dynasour-like aquatic animals survived through time, or just live it that area alone, go figure

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Cool footage jimbo! Loren Coleman appeared to be impressed by it. Hopefully the guy who captured the foottage will get some more film of it.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Cool footage jimbo! Loren Coleman appeared to be impressed by it. Hopefully the guy who captured the foottage will get some more film of it.

Thanks. Yeah hopefully a bit more footage may come to light. I don't really know much about the footage - just tripped over it on one of my routine Youtube trawls... I'm always trying to find that definitive footage..heh.

Heck - I even went to Loch Ness once for a personal look. Interesting place, fairly large lake, but nothing on the scale of the Great Lakes or anything.

J.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
ok a few points :

Llyn Aled , the welsh lake where the gentleman claims to have sighted the second creature is quite small [ lest than 1000m long by 600m wide ]

althought it feeds a river running to the sea , it sits at an altutude of over 400m - so no large creature could migtrate to and fro from open oceans

its max surface area is 110 acres - sound big , but not wnen its a managed fishery AND is now expected to support a crytid population too .

useage

dis i say its a managed fishery ? anglers seem to have missed all this cryptid activity going on right under thier rod tips

sighting logs

i would really like to see this gentlemans sightings log for this creature - because looking at the stills and videos - they appear to be shot from different locations and elevations in different lighting and weather conditions

if i was assked to speculate where a cryptid might be found , i would not say Llyn Aled , but conversley if i was a hoaxer - i would not use it as a setting either

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Is this two different sightings?

What always gets me is ... the 'creature' does not appear to be that far away from the person shooting the footage, and it seems he has some High-end gear. With this then, why does the zoom stop where it does.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I really think this is just a case of someone filming something unidentified up in Scotland, and when it doesn't get the attention they think it deserves, they concoct another story (for financial gain). The footage looks very contrived to me.

I'm suspicious he claims he heard there was a dinosaur in this lake. From where?

(a) I've lived in the area, on and off, for a long time, and there's certainly no local legend concerning any lake monster there. Which I feel there would be case.

(b) I've never seem anything reported in the local papers concerning any lake monster. And North Wales isn't exactly overflowing with credible news stories, for the spotting of a lake monster not to be reported (and probably make front page news). I've hiked around there many a time, and there's a steady stream of people fishing there. I find it hard to believe that someone hasn't seen something before. Yet this guy, 'hears' tale of a monster in this lake, and, as luck would have it, turns up just in time to film it.

I'm stumped as to how this dinosaur story reached his ears. I suspect it didn't and he's just making it up. And I find it odd how he sells(?) his footage to a TV programme, but doesn't speak to local reporters. Still, I know at least one person that works on the local papers. I'll ask to see if it was just a story that wasn't printed.

I also know the Environmental Warden/Ranger for the area in question. He's never heard of it either. It's the sort of thing that is usually looked into, in case someones smuggled an exotic species into the country, and then dumps it when they decide it won't make a great pet after all.

And as IgnorantApe has posted above it just isn't the sort of place you'd expect to find a large cryptid. I've hike there often enough. It just isn't deep or large enough for this sort of thing. Any reasonable person would come to the same conclusion if they saw the lake in person.

Deliberate , and very amateur hoax, in my opinion.

Merry Xmas all,

Regards

Tim.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by ChunkyBarcode]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this before? What is it?

Found this while searching for vids that I could post on a different thread. And as much as I hate to admit it, I'm stumped. So I'm bringing this to you here hoping that my ATS brethen can shed light on this anomaly. Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
Has anyone seen this before? What is it?

Found this while searching for vids that I could post on a different thread. And as much as I hate to admit it, I'm stumped. So I'm bringing this to you here hoping that my ATS brethen can shed light on this anomaly. Thanks in advance.

Yes - unfortunately it's fake. Made for a movie or something. Looks pretty convincing at first, I know.

J.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply Jimbo999, I appreciate it. Happy new year everyone.

top topics

join