It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking back on 9-11, what will future generations think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I mean, i shudder to think what our grandchildren will think of us,
the people, looking back with 20-20 hindsight., assuming, that by that time, what REALLY happened on 9-11 is crystal clear.
Im afraid they will try to disown us, this current generation, much like the current generation disowns and distances itself from what Hitler did back in Germany, because of course, Hitler would never have been able to pull off what he did without the support (concious or unconcious) of the German people themselves, atleast early on in their history.

i remember a line by Michael Moore in the movie "Orwell Rolls in His Grave".
“We’ve got to leave a note behind and explain ourselves,” Moore concludes, “‘cause we’re going to look like a**holes.”

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
They will surely laught at us...but... if it is proofed that who did 9/11
and I thnk we will never know... or we will know that it was done to get the oil from other nation by attacking them.

Whatever happens the new generation will not beleive in government and media, because they really messed the truth and... blocked it...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It's hard to predict what future generations will think looking back. It's hard for us skeptics today to understand why so many of the current generation believe in 9/11 conspiracy theories to begin with and that "9/11 was an inside job."

There is a large disconnect between those who believe in such conspiracy theories and those of us - a majority - who've had enough fundamental education in the sciences, who understand the importance of logical reasoning and critical thinking, and who have learned the necessity of being skeptical of what anyone claims.

We can only hope that future generations will understand the importance of education in the sciences, history, and in teaching critical thinking. Only that way can ignorance be eradicated and people better equipped to think carefully for themselves, rather than to believe, uncritically, what a handful of people tell them. Propaganda has a large effect on those unwilling or unequipped to think critically about they are being told. And those who claim to be leaders of the 9/11 Truth Movement know it.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Hopefully the truth will have come out by then. They will know who was behind it, why it was done, how it was done, and the ramifications of their actions.

Hopefully those persons responsible will have been tried and convicted: if not, we can tell them the truth. Tell them that 2,999 people were murdered by the government that was supposed to protect them.

Hopefully they wouln't hold it against us.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
probably nothing... i mean, what do you think of the sinking of the USS Maine anything?

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Easiest thread to answer ever!

Anyone whos anyone knows that the Reichstag razed by the Nazis in effect. Same thing really. It will be known, and it may even be taught in foreign nations. What wont happen though, is that no one will learn from history, and we are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
and let's not forget about nero....

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Considering all the disagreement and new theories being conjectured that I found, to my surprise, on joining this great forum not long ago: future generations will most likely still be arguing about what really happened unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The way the US is heading, future generations might not even know of 9/11, it'll be like tiananmen square is to the chinese. Or it might be known about , but no talk of inside jobs will be allowed only the official version. In the future days of manifestos and no history books they might look back on you with jackboots on and raise their arm in a nazi salute to the pioneering generation that brought about their wonderful dystopia.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by never_tell

I don't really think you can compare 9/11 to the sinking of the Maine.
First off, the US government didn't sink the Maine. The US government was behind 9/11.

Second, the attack on the Maine wasn't considered terrorism. The term terrorism is used now as a scare tactic. I believe the term used was "an act of war."

Third, 266 people died in the attack on the Maine. Nearly 3,000 died on 9/11. The attack on the Maine didn't change history as much as 9/11 did.
The attack on the Maine led to a four month war. 9/11 led to a never ending quagmire. The entire Spanish-American war killed 3,289; Like I mentioned before, nearly 3,000 on 9/11 alone. Another 4,000 in the four or five years since.

Fourth, there was a tangible enemy in the Spanish-American War. In the war on terror, how do you defeat an enemy that isn't afraid to die? Some of them think that if they kill themselves to kill another, they will go to heaven and be greeted by 77 virgins. How do you defeat that sort of extremism?
The war on terrorism is not winnable because their is no tangible enemy. You may point to someone in a turban and say, "Him! He's the enemy!' But that is not so. Not all people that wear turbans are terrorists. This sort of extremism is an idealogy, albeit a warped idealogy, and you cannot defeat an idealogy. No matter what the president believes.
You may kill someone labeled "the enemy," but there will be three more to take his place.

My 0.02.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by jtb2008]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Just another false-flag government sponsored self-inflicted wound. One more in a long list:

* London 7/7London Metro Bombings
* Oklahoma City 1995OKC Murrah Federal Building Bombing
* WTC 93World Trade Center 1993 Bombing
* Gulf of Tonkin Incident1964 Pretext for the Vietnam War
* Operation Northwoods
* Operation Gladio

etc

join