It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bromide in the water, LA must empty 2 reservoirs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
www.latimes.com...

Silver Lake and Elysian reservoirs registered elevated levels of the suspected carcinogen bromate between June and October, the result of an unusual combination of intense sunlight, bromide naturally present in groundwater and chlorine used to kill bacteria.

Seems strange that the combonation of sunlight, naturally occuring bromide and chlorine would cause this. I mean, the only real changing factor in that would be the sunlight. Last time I checked, LA gets pretty hot. So, that shouldn't be something new. Unless they are always on the verge of their reservoirs becoming toxic pools of carcinogens?

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Karlhungis]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I guess my conspiracy radar must be out of tune. I kind of thought this seemed like more was going on than the cover story and that other people may have thought so as well.....?

I must be spending too much time on here. Everywhere I look, I see a conspiracy now.... j

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

the result of an unusual combination of intense sunlight, bromide naturally present in groundwater and chlorine used to kill bacteria.

Yeah, I think it is worth questioning what is "unusual" about this particular combination. Why is the sunlight so much more intense than usual? Is it because the OZone layer is gone, or something.

If it is cancer causing it is reason for alarm. Why would these two particular reservoirs be more vulnerable for further triple combos of intense sunlight, bromide, and chlorine?

I wouldn't necessarily call it a conspiracy but I would want more information if I lived in Cali.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Ok, thanks for the reply. I am not completely crazy.

top topics

join