It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot prank almost becomes tragic!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Several wiregrass youths took place in trying to fool local residents, who were already on edge, as a rash of bigfoot sightings have taken place in the nearby cofee/geneva county lines. One teenager dressed up as bigfoot, and draped another person over his shoulder like he was carrying them off. Residents armed with shotguns rushed to the scene.

www.wtvynews4.com...

This is a definite case of why bigfoot hoaxery is not a wise idea. Nice way to get someone killed.

[edit on 15-12-2007 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What morons! The boys pretending to be bigfoot aswell as the armed villagers. They don't even know what a bigfoot is, it could be harmless for all we know, and they go out and want to kill the darn (pretend) thing. Yes, he had a child on his back, but he could've been saving him. This is how ignorant people today are, first off, they purposely hoax bigfoot, and then others wander off to kill it.

Lame...

-Jimmy-

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy910130
What morons! The boys pretending to be bigfoot aswell as the armed villagers. They don't even know what a bigfoot is, it could be harmless for all we know, and they go out and want to kill the darn (pretend) thing. Yes, he had a child on his back, but he could've been saving him. This is how ignorant people today are, first off, they purposely hoax bigfoot, and then others wander off to kill it.

Lame...

-Jimmy-

Ok so if you see a bigfoot running of with your kid you wouldn't be a little concerned?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ever since I read that rag from the uk with the yeti rape story I believe them there big yeti foots are devious. As the story goes in the uk rag, a chick in china reported a yeti abducted her, ripper her arm off and raped her. Man thats a brutal story which brings us to the conclusion, stay away from them nutty yeti bigfooted mountain monsters. With stories like that on the wire, no wonder the yetifoot is endangered and hunted.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimmy910130

Yes, who wouldnt want to shoot a Bigfoot who abducts humans!

I for one agree with the villagers trying to PROTECT themselves, see as they are not trying to hunt it?

But a couple of stupid kids thought it would be funny to do that; yeah, i wuold be laughing at their funeral. Stupid prank IMO, endagering lives in the process.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So?, it just shows that Darwin was right!

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

What tabloid did that story appear in?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I needed a good chuckle. Thanks to the OP for posting this story here.

The whole "chuckle" part came about for me, thinking about how the kid probably soiled his furry suit trying to scream...no no I am really not big foot ...and then SHOTGUN HANK yelling back.....The damned thing can talk human...someone shoot it quick!

If only there would have been some shots fired!

Remember the boy who cried WOLF?

....now where is my furry suit...I'm gonna have me some mountain style fun!

Dorian Soran

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a true warning to hoaxers everywhere, to bad it wont make them think twice before there next hoax.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
I needed a good chuckle. Thanks to the OP for posting this story here.

The whole "chuckle" part came about for me, thinking about how the kid probably soiled his furry suit trying to scream...no no I am really not big foot ...and then SHOTGUN HANK yelling back.....The damned thing can talk human...someone shoot it quick!

If only there would have been some shots fired!

Remember the boy who cried WOLF?

....now where is my furry suit...I'm gonna have me some mountain style fun!

Dorian Soran

LOOOOOOOOL omg thats really funny!
I wonder if the kids were drunk when they thought of this brilliant idea?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Stupid kids, hopefully they will think twice about such a ridiculous idea in the future. As for the people looking to shoot it, if a damn furry critter was hauling some kid off into the woods, I would damn sure shoot the thing. I wouldnt take the chance of "maybe he was trying to save the kid on his back", if he was coming towards not going away, maybe. If bigfoot is real, then no we dont know what it is and shouldnt resort to killing it. However in the south, when they see something and dont know what it is, it dies. Then when they see it laying there dead having some idea of what it is, the next question would be. "You reckon we can eat that there thing"?

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That's why I don't believe Bigfoot sightings. If there really have been sightings then Bigfoot would have been shot down by angry americans with shotguns.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by ZikhaN]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
no no I am really not big foot ...and then SHOTGUN HANK yelling back.....The damned thing can talk human...someone shoot it quick!

"RAHHH! I'm BIGFOOT!" *chuckling inside suit*

"I knew it! FIRE!"

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
That's why I don't believe Bigfoot sightings. If there really have been sightings then Bigfoot would have been shot down by angry americans with shotguns.

Not at all. People see Bigfoot in the wilderness when they aren't armed. I go into the mountains with nothing but bearspray all the time. Plenty of cases where hunters will see one and are afraid to shoot it because it's too man-like. They know it's a bigfoot but they feel like they'd be shooting a person. This feeling is intense and is described by most armed witnesses. For everyone else, the reaction is just intense fear.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
But if they are afraid to shoot him then why did they almost kill the boys in costume?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Honestly those kids are lucky I wasn't there. I would've shot them dead on. If I didn't have a gun, I'd grab, stones, chairs, babies, anything to throw at them. I mean what did they think was going to happen?

top topics

join