It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Area 51 when Manzano was so much closer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I dont mean to be out of line here but when people talk about the Roswell crash people always say the wreckage was taken to Area 51 a not yet built facility...
But at the same time just a few miles up the road and started in 1946 was Site Able of what would become the The Manzano Nuclear Weapons Storage area and the Sandia national weapons lab. they worked hand in hand with Los Alamos National labs...
Click here for over view of Manzano

I mean here you have a complete underground hollowed out mountain already used as a research facility with the nations best minds already in place...

Seems to me planting a few slipped rumors about a lab out in Nevada would be just what was needed to keep people from looking in the right place...

Would also explain why there so many stories about UFO's trying to get into the big mountainside bunkers there too...
Link to UFO's and Manzano Nuclear Weapons Storage
That source is from the NICAP...

Anyway lots of what ifs? Makes me wonder though. because it is a short drive from Roswell and to this day so very few people know about Manzano...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You're asking people too use logic on one of the most popular conspiracies in America, not incredibly likely man. People still attribute the CIA to Pearl Harbor despite it's predecessor (OSS) not having been formed until six months after the fact.
Still, interesting idea, I like it, and it makes sense.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The wreckage wasn't originally taken to Area 51. It went to Wright Paterson AFB in Ohio......

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HipKat
The wreckage wasn't originally taken to Area 51. It went to Wright Paterson AFB in Ohio......

From a military stand point that wouldn't make sense.

See once the base commander found the wreckage he would have called area command. Back then that would have been Kirtland up in Albuquerque....they had a full General there... I can almost hear in my head what that general would have told the colonel...would post what I think was said but the word filter would cut out the best parts

At the time Kirtland in Albuquerque and next door to Manzano was the high altitude testing range for military air craft. Whitesands missile range, the testing place of the first atomic bomb lays to the south west of Roswell and runs up the mountains all the way north to just south of the town of mountainair. that just happens to be just a few miles south of Manzano.

if I had to get something out of sight quick I would would load everything onto trucks and drive west to whitesands. from there take the service roads up to mountainare and slip into Manzano's south gate..Thats still there BTW its now a landfill for the base though.

Now why I would want everything up at Kritland is just up the road from there are most of the original staff of the Manhattan Project With a few noted exceptions, Oppenheimer is gone succeeded by Norris Bradbury and Louis Slotin would have already died after he received a fatal dose of radiation (2100 rems) when the screwdriver he was using to keep two beryllium hemispheres apart slipped. but still you have most of the free worlds Nobel Prize-winning scientists right there!

Why not just keep going to LANL? (Los Alamos National Laboratory) if you have to ask then you've never been there...just a tiny air strip and to drive there you first have to go through Albuquerque then Santa Fe and Up a twisty steep mountain road. Why bother when you already have Sandia weapons lab Kritland and Manzano right there...

a lot of people cite Wright-Patterson Air Force Base as the most likely place because it was the headquarters of the Air Force Materiel Command and Strategic Air Command was assigned to the base's Area D. but none of that happened until 1975.

Now I ask you given a choice at the time, would you send your new find to the air corps testing center in Ohio where there are a group of aeronautical engineers..or would you dip into the staff at LANL and Sandia where Approximately one-third of the laboratory's technical staff members are physicists, one-fourth are engineers, one-sixth are chemists and materials scientists, and the remainder work in mathematics and computational science, biological science, geoscience?

What you all dont know is that in In July 1945, the forerunner of Sandia Laboratory, known as 'Z' Division, was established at Oxnard Field to handle future weapons development, testing...Wright-Patterson was still just a dream...

Of course I have no proof to any of this... But I grew up here and being former military area 51 and Wright-Patterson just dont jive..not when I think about what was going on around Roswell and in the state at the time... Part of that comes from living next-door to the nations hidden city and all the the other things the government hid in our state

Citations
Sandia National Laboratories
Manhattan Project
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Trinity site

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It also contains the USAF's high-security National Air & Space Intelligence Center, where in the cold-war era captured Soviet MIGs were brought to what was then known as the Foreign Technology Division for disassembly and testing.

From Here.

Makes perfect sense, to me.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing that out Lex I forgot about that one...
but I still have to point out the time line...
July 7, 1947 Roswell UFO incident
Wright-Patterson didn't become Wright-Patterson for another year 1948 and then it was just two little sleepy air fields merged into what would become Wright-Patterson not until February 1, 1963, did any development on major research work take place there.

But in 1947 New Mexico was all about bleeding edge research....

I'm not saying that at some point it didn't end up there what I'm saying is back in 1947 why would you send it to Ohio when all the people I'd want to look at it and tell me what it is... were a hundred miles north in Albuquerque.

I guess what I'm really getting at is the Roswell base is long gone... but Sandia and Kirtland are still there. If I were trying to follow the "Where did it go, after" trail I'd look in Albuquerque not in Dayton or out in the Nevada Desert.

Now that I've had a moment to reflect of history there might be a clue in what Julius and Ethel Rosenberg sent to the Russians? (Famous Soviet spies)

June 30, 1948: Max Elitcher and Morton Sobell drive to Catherine Slip where Sobell met with Julius Rosenberg to exchange microfilm

IF one were to discover just what is in that microfilm there might lay a clue into what was found and where it went?

[edit on 15-12-2007 by DaddyBare]

top topics

join