It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 and WMD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I mean whats their real plan?? There must be something that we can't see inside 911, the Govt is capable of pulling of 911 and they cannot plant a single WMD???? That is not possible. There must be something that we are missing from the big picture something really important. Those people do not make mistakes, everything goes as they want it to go.
So why no WMD???

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by piacenzaSo why no WMD???

There are plenty of possible reasons as to why no WMD were found in Iraq. The problem is that they would all be pure speculation and none of them could be substantiated.

My best guess - there was simply no need to 'plant' any. Although WMD was initially cited as the reason for toppling Saddam, the war was ultimately predicated upon regime change. Thus the risks associated with getting caught planting the evidence outweighed the marginal benefits associated with 'finding' it.

Alternatively, in order to reinforce the notion that the US intelligence agencies were not competent enough to perpetrate 9/11, an aura of incompetence was created by the apparent bungling of the WMD issue.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Here's a crazy thought that I'm sure some of you folks will hate:

Thought #1, 9/11
The attacks of September 11, 2001 were planned and executed by a motivated group of well-financed individuals who used our own freedoms (overstaying visas, taking flight lessons, etc.) to attack us. Perhaps elements of our government were aware of the impending attacks, or elements of it, but the likelihood of there being a widespread conspiracy within the government to allow the attacks to happen is unlikely at best.

Thought #2, WMD's
There were WMD's in Iraq. Saddam had them and had used them. That's a fact. When it looked like we were coming in there, they shipped them to Syria. Our military has found equipment and facilities for making and using chemical and biological weapons.

Now, given that ATS seems to promote alternative theories, I think these are great topics to discuss. If the majority of the people in America "know" 9/11 was an "inside job" and that there are no "WMD's" in Iraq, then what I just posted would be considered an alternative theory.

Flame on.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I heard they found plenty of chemical and biological weapons (which is considered as WMD) but it was all imported stock from places like America, Russia and France, so i guess they didn't count. I assume they were hoping to find the nuclear strains of WMD.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Had this discussion a while back. Some good points were discussed....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by coughymachine
Thus the risks associated with getting caught planting the evidence outweighed the marginal benefits associated with 'finding' it.

As compared to wiring the World Trade Center for demolition?

Come on now. You must see how silly that sounds on the heels of arguing the viability of a 9/11 conspiracy.

I hate to say it but...gulp...I...AGREE with piacenza!!

...the Govt is capable of pulling of 911 and they cannot plant a single WMD???? That is not possible.

Up is down. Black is white. Cats and dogs living in peace. What the hell...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by piacenza
Those people do not make mistakes, everything goes as they want it to go.
So why no WMD???

Well in case you did not know Iraq had WMD's, they even used them against their own people.

Also you must have missed the reports on the hidden and buried MIGs with illegal equipment.

Not to mention the reports from defetors that the WMD material and WMDs were moved to Syria or hidden.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by piacenza

So why no WMD???

I have a theory the WMD they went looking for was the same WMD used to take down the towers and they never found it which is infact the link to 9/11 and WMD and the hunt for the WMD. The WMD is as Rumsfield would put it, the known unknowns and unknown unknowns. I could elaborate more if you like, but thats the general idea. I think it lead to a dead end obviously as the origin was not actually Iraq but sold to Iraq via someone else.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Insolubrious]

top topics

join