It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media's DISGUSTING glorification of the mall shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I feel I have to speak out on this topic. I'm sure you've heard about the Omaha mall shooting by now. How could you not? It was two days ago, and it still gets a ten minute slot on the nightly news. Now the cable networks are flooding us with audio, video, and photos of this tragic incident. What really set me off is the picture posted on MSNBC.com. I'm not going to post the link, but it is a photo of the shooter pointing his rifle at someone off camera. This is dispicable. NBC pulled this crap with Virgina Tech by airing the shooter's manifesto. I think all of us at ATS need to take a stand and email all media outlets. Tell them to stop glorifying these horrendous crimes, and focus on real news. I urge you all to do this. Thanks

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
man u r right. what's with the bombardment? ok we're scared, we get it. it's so dumbed down. now the kid was right. he's REAL famous and got his 15 minutes! perfect enticement for the next kid.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I see absolutely no point or purpose in showing still pics of the shooter, one with rifle raised. How about those that survived? Do you think that's traumatizing to them? Shameless!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I was thinking about this today. This kid killed to get famous, and the media obliged

they should treat these kids the way major league baseball treats kooks who run on the field to get on TV; stop showing them on TV

the cases should be reported, as a "citizen" doe committed "murder", and that's it. no TV's in the courtroom, and don't release the names or pictures of these creeps.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Though the intentions are in the right place, That opens up the door for a world of bad, Secret trials, secret hearings, Names kept secret, ect ect ect...

In a free and open society we cant even utter these thoughts because you might just get what you ask for, and it wont be used in the way you intended it to be used...

[edit on 8-12-2007 by C0le]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The news keeps showing this because the upper elite tell them to, so they have more reason to do away with our 2nd Amendment Right.........the Right To Keep and Bear Arms. They know that if things like this are pushed in the faces of the right crowd of people they will support a law that does away with guns altogether. I am not a gun "freak" but I would like to keep the ones I do have.

top topics

join