It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Molecular Manufacturing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Overview: Molecular manufacturing (MM) means the ability to build devices, machines, and eventually whole products with every atom in its specified place.

www.crnano.org...

At the atomic level, everything imaginable can be created. Not only created, but cheaply.

What Are the Experts Saying About Molecular Food Manufacturing?

· “Nanomachines could create unlimited amounts of food by synthesis at the atomic level, which would eradicate hunger.” - Carmen I. Moraru et al., Professor of Food Science, Cornell University (USA), on nanotech’s potential impact on food science.

www.azonano.com...

Food will be in abundance. Hunger will be eliminated.

And,

Medical care will be a key beneficiary of molecular manufacturing.
Although the human body and brain are awesomely complex, MM will lead to rapid improvement in the treatment of many diseases, and before long will be able to treat almost every disease, including most or all causes of aging.

www.voyle.net...

Diseases will be completely eliminated.

Just imagine this happening in the near future, perhaps in 2010. This will have a great impact in the general economy of the world.We can almost grasp this reality. Material and food abundance, and disease free world.

What kind of society will evolve from this? Will it help minimize crime? Will humans become better people?

Or, due to the material abundance, people will become a lot worse.

What do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
technology advances will destroy us.
no matter how good they sound, technology will lead us to a global hiroshima.

also, i dont trust nano technology, have u heard of the NEW WORLD ORDER?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Watch out for the Gray Goo!

"Imagine such a replicator floating in a bottle of chemicals, making copies of itself....the first replicator assembles a copy in one thousand seconds, the two replicators then build two more in the next thousand seconds, the four build another four, and the eight build another eight. At the end of ten hours, there are not thirty-six new replicators, but over 68 billion. In less than a day, they would weigh a ton; in less than two days, they would outweigh the Earth; in another four hours, they would exceed the mass of the Sun and all the planets combined - if the bottle of chemicals hadn't run dry long before."

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i would like to warn against the use of nanotechnology products already in the market, such as paint, coat for cars and windows and the likes.

The reason being that the technology hasnt been firmly tested yet and atleast several deathcounts are directly related to nanotechnology.

It was in the Danish news some time ago, two painters where using some form of blocking paint, and died from inhaling the nano particals.

their lungs was hardened by the nanotechnology causing them to not be able to breathe.

I cant find a link for the statement anymore, but i will fins it and post it here.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well, guys, welcome to new technological revolution.

The most dangerous use of this technology is military. Weapons can be made cheaply and very numerous. Unlimited supply. The first nation to develop a successful working nanofactory will control the world. An arm's race will be inevitable.

Just image this, a village can have an industrial revolution contained in a suitcase.

Molecular manufacturing can be self-contained and clean; a single packing crate or suitcase could contain all equipment required for a village-scale industrial revolution.

www.crnano.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Come to think of it, this technology can create anything including the counterfeit of paper money. You can no longer tell which one is fake. I think we will be seeing a paperless economy as a safeguard. People will be implanted by a chip to make purchases or do to business.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Blether, blether, whimper, whimper

Technology has been with us since the Olduwan hand-axe. Two and a half million years. It hasn't destroyed us yet. And it won't.

So get over it, and get on with it.

top topics

join