It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Global Warming or Santa Will Die!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Stop Global Warming or Santa Will Die!

November 29, 2007
Seattle Mayor Terrifies Children with Global Warming Lies
Seattle Mayor Gregory Nickels is exploiting even Christmas as an opportunity to shove the global warming hoax down the throats of children innocent enough to swallow it. At Seattle's tree-lighting ceremony, he frightened kids by telling them that Santa's home is melting because of their video games, before handing them highly toxic (but politically correct) compact fluorescent light bulbs.

www.moonbattery.com...

And there you have it folks, we've gone madd!!

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: Quoting/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/30/2007 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Oh, man I saw this and I literally lol'ed.

Hey kids, you like Santa, right? Well global warming is making the foundation melt from under his house!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The use of fear to control children's impressionable little minds,
what an oger.

Does he have children?

[edit on 093030p://bFriday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Oh, man I saw this and I literally lol'ed.

Hey kids, you like Santa, right? Well global warming is making the foundation melt from under his house!

Wild huh Loki?

I laughed too, then I heard the kids were terrified.

I never taught my kids that santa stuff, after a friend of mine's child nearly lost it when she admitted to her there wasn't a Santa.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

We can no more prevent global warming that we can prevent the sun from comming up in the east! the climate gets warmer and colder in a contant cycle and there is nothing we can do to change that! We have been in a cooler cycle forr aprox. 200 years. it may just be the earth going back the other way. if it does warm up more, it's probably a good thing. Life has been shown to flerish during the warmer cycles.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

We can no more prevent global warming that we can prevent the sun from comming up in the east! the climate gets warmer and colder in a contant cycle and there is nothing we can do to change that! We have been in a cooler cycle forr aprox. 200 years. it may just be the earth going back the other way. if it does warm up more, it's probably a good thing. Life has been shown to flerish during the warmer cycles.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rockets red glare

I agree rocket.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yeah well terrifying children doesn't really bother me that much. I know I sound like a monster, but give me a moment to explain.

If anyone here has watched "Bowling for Columbine" Michael Moore points out that the Media has cowed our country into paralysis by maintaining a fear of whatever happens to be convenient at the time. Fear is a tool that has been used throughout history to inspire Devotion through the fear of Judgement (Religion), Loyalty through the fear of Death (organized crime, etc)...basically the list goes on.

It doesn't bother me because the big issue (and the one that really bothers me) is that fear is an everyday reality for people in this Country. If something hasn't scared the # out of you today, you haven't turned on your television or listened to the radio. Everyone out there is trying to scare you so you will pay attention to what they're attempting to communicate.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying Loki, yes, fear tactics are nothing new.

But Santa will drown?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
We're arguing about whether or not it's moral to scare children with the death of a lie. Think about that.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
We're arguing about whether or not it's moral to scare children with the death of a lie. Think about that.

Who's arguing?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Mod Edit: Quoting/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Where?
I posted a link. and put it in quotes,

I am confused.

I am the same person posting at the other forum, so I am plagerizing myself I guess.

[edit on 083131p://bSaturday2007 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
anyway,

Has global warming been stopped?

HEARTLAND INSTITUTE
Famed Hurricane Forecaster William Gray Predicts Global Cooling in 10 Years

www.businessandmedia.org...

www.schulphysik.de...

Temperature Monitors Report Widescale Global Cooling
www.dailytech.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I can just see it.... the Inconvenient Truth 2.

"We now have indisputable evidence that not only will global warming cause every environmental disaster fathomable... but also will rob your home and write profanity on your walls... with a grease pen, ladies and gentlemen. One can see clearly by this chart, peer-reviewed and endorsed by over one billion top scientists, that the instances of graffiti and home invasion have coincided almost perfectly with the man-made warming trend and CO2 output."

top topics

join