It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dragon topic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
There is a biblical account of a dragon in the bible.

Yes! But I wasn't thinking Job. I was thinking...

"Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. 4His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born." - Revelation 12:3-4

"And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down..." Revelation 12:7-9

There's more of course, but nobody takes these parts of the Bible seriously for some reason.

"When the dragon saw that he had been hurled to the earth, he pursued the woman who had given birth to the male child. The woman was given the two wings of a great eagle, so that she might fly to the place prepared for her in the desert, where she would be taken care of for a time, times and half a time, out of the serpent's reach. Then from his mouth the serpent spewed water like a river, to overtake the woman and sweep her away with the torrent. But the earth helped the woman by opening its mouth and swallowing the river that the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring..."

"The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority..."

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name."

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

good point it does seem that those parts of the bible are largely ignored for some reason.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
...was that sarcasm I just heard, or is it taking you a really long time to type?
I'm so confused...lol

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
the mere sight of him is overpowering. No one is fierce enough to rouse him. Who then is able to stand against me? Who has a claim aginst me that i must pay? Everything under heaven belongs to me. I will not fail to speak of his limbs, his strength and his graceful form. Who can strip off his outer coat? Who would aprroach him with a bridle? Who dares open the doors of his mouth, ringed about with his fearsome teeth? His back has rows of shields tightly sealed together; each is so close to the next that no air can pass between. They are joined fast to one another; they cling together and cannot be parted. His snorting throws out flashes of light; his eyes are like the rays of dawn. Firebrands stream from his mouth; sparks of fire shoot out. Smoke pours from his nostrils as from a boiling pot over a fire of reeds. His breath sets coals ablaze, and flames dart from his mouth. Strength resids in his neck; dismay goes before him. The folds of his flesh are tightly joined; they are firm and immovable. His chest is hard as rock, hard as a lower millstone. When he rises up, the mighty are terrified; they retreat before his thrashing. The sword that reaches him has no effect, nor dose the spear or dart or the javelin. Iron he treats like straw and bronze like rotten wood. Arrows do not make him flee; slingstones are like chaff to him. A club seems to him but a piece of straw; he laughs at the rattling of the lance. His undersides are jagged potsherds, Leaving a trail in the mud like a threshing slege. He makes the depths churn like a boiling coldron and stirs up the sea like a pot of ointment. Behind him he leaves a glistening wake; One would think the deep had white hair. Nothing on earth is his equal- a creature without fear. He looks down on all that are haughty; he is king over all that are proud.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
sorry not a good typer out of a book

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Draco87

...interesting! I was just kidding! I thought you were getting it off on the internet! I'm sorry!
Did you get it out of the Bible?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
yes i did but but im not religest in any way lol its my familys choise for me to have one oh well i keep it in a box lol

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Cyclops were thought after the greeks saw skulls of mammuts and elephants

top topics

<< 1   >>

join