It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which way should you sleep - facing north or does it matter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Years ago I heard that you were supposed to sleep with your head pointing North. Is there any truth to this? I know homing pigeons have something in their skull that enables them to get back home. I am wondering if the electromagnetic fields or sound waves from space have something to do with this. Tell me your thoughts. We are building a house and want to know which way to put our bed.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
"Sound waves from space" are an impossibility, since sound doesn't transmit through a vacuum. As for magnetic fields, there's no medical evidence suggesting that bed alignment matters one way or the other.

Line your bed up however you like, invest in a good mattress set, and use Pure Beech sheets (yes, it's a shameless plug, even though I don't work for them or own the company). G'night!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Based on my own experience and info from my psychic friends, you should not have your feet point towards the bedroom door. Otherwise, it is like an invitation for spirits to enter.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by guppy
Based on my own experience and info from my psychic friends, you should not have your feet point towards the bedroom door. Otherwise, it is like an invitation for spirits to enter.

Stop trying to scare me!!

I would say it doesn't matter, but Im no expert

[edit on 26-11-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just sleep in your usual bed the other way around for a week or so and you'll see.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
While I've never heard anything about a "proper" orientation for sleeping, I have observed what might be called "auto-orientation" quite frequently with both of my daughters. No matter what orientation they fall asleep in, throughout the night, they always return to their "normal" orientations. My youngest (8) always wakes up with her head pointing south, and my oldest (10) to the west.

The amazing thing is, they're as reliable as a compass. My wife and I have made a point of observing this phenomenon, and the kids have never been able to sleep more than a couple of hours without returning to within a couple of degrees of their respective "default orientations".

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Interesting question.

I found a few websites that may help you with your search.

www.sleepnet.com...

www.geomancy.net...

answers.yahoo.com...

Personally, I sleep with my head towards the rising sun (east). One of my shaman teachers once told me that this should be done so that the suns energy will better enter my body. Not exactly sure if I believe it or not, but it couldnt hurt right? Eather way, Id advocate sleeping in whatever direction is most comfortable to you. (and even that may change with time of day, positions of light sources, locations etc...)

top topics

join