It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible Helicopter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
That does appear to be a shadow, and not anything painted on the road because it it extends over into the grass/dirt area. It would seem, if this is a normal two lane roadway, that the size of the shadow would mean that the object casting it was fairly low to the ground.

Which brings me to another side note. A couple of months ago I was in the middle of a very large field and heard a chopper fly over at a low altitude. (I'm ex-military, it's not a sound I would mistake.)

But when put down my tools and stood up, there was nothing in sight. The sound came and went just as I've heard them many times before. I wear glasses for reading, but I have excellent vision, it was a clear afternoon with no clouds and I swept the horizon for miles. Nothing.

I thought I was loosing my marbles.

Then not long ago there was a thread here on invisible tanks. I don't know what I heard, and there wasn't any shadow. But I'm not putting too much past these black budget things.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Over 24 hours, and no one has found a way to debunk this one? Has anyone else but the few of us so far posting really gave this thought?

Just as a question to ponder, as I understand it, a helicopter can kill the engine, and land with rotor spin alone. Now a back up electrical motor for the tail rotor, and silent stability is maintained. Engine up just seconds before contact with the ground, ease in and start dropping troops, or cops, and you have the surprise of a lifetime for the defenders.

And if you use a few sonic cannons, and some "scald beams", the fight could be over before it started.

I can certainly see where this would be a nightmare to face.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
NGC2736's quote,

Which brings me to another side note. A couple of months ago I was in the middle of a very large field and heard a chopper fly over at a low altitude. (I'm ex-military, it's not a sound I would mistake.)

But when put down my tools and stood up, there was nothing in sight. The sound came and went just as I've heard them many times before. I wear glasses for reading, but I have excellent vision, it was a clear afternoon with no clouds and I swept the horizon for miles. Nothing.

I'm grateful you brought that up NGC2736. Now I know I'm not going crazy! That's happened to me several times in these parts. I've got good eyes too. Someone told me the military was putting a mirror-like substance on the bottom of them, in order to similate the sky. That person wasn't military tho, so I really appreciate your input.

Another friend asked me if I ever heard a helicopter directly above me, but never seen anything. I said yes, several times why? She was concerned about her husband who is shell shocked because he was saying that also. I told her it was true there are helicopters you can't see.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

I wonder how often this happens? Most people would probably just shake their heads and make a mental note to schedule an eye exam.

And like your friend, if you say much, somebody is going to start worrying about your mental health.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
That does appear to be a shadow, and not anything painted on the road because it it extends over into the grass/dirt area. It would seem, if this is a normal two lane roadway, that the size of the shadow would mean that the object casting it was fairly low to the ground.

I thought I was loosing my marbles.

Then not long ago there was a thread here on invisible tanks. I don't know what I heard, and there wasn't any shadow. But I'm not putting too much past these black budget things.

I am recent ex-military amongst other things and I have directly experienced a couple of jaw-droppers... One being a bigass triangle. The other was a virtually silent chopper. Visible, but nearly silent unless you were directly under it. If the science guys have done the same for light that they've done for sound- and that is not impossible based on other stuff I saw just a question of getting it smaller- then yeah we are in the era of invisible aircraft... cool!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Sounds like a 'philadelphia experiment' on helicopters. Teleportation or good camoflauge? Unless we are truely kept in the dark I don't believe we have accomplished full stealth yet...but I guess anything is possible with a multi-billion dollar black budget!

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well it could just be a glitch.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
umm from what I'm seeing, it's a helicopter in black

top topics

<< 1   >>

join