It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS censoring Cassiopaea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'm maybe not the ideal candidate to be pointing this out...but why does ATS appear to be censoring links to cassiopaea dot org from posts? However I form the link, ATS replaces "cassiopaea dot org" with a # sign.

www.cassiopaea.org
www.cassiopaea.org...
www.cassiopaea.org
www.cassiopaea.org...

I considered the possibility of there being reserved HTML characters in there somewhere, but simply by adding a single character it comes out fine:

www.cassiopaeat.org...
www.cassiopaeat.org

For those who are curious, this comes up because I just tried posting a link to the Greenbaum Lecture in another thread, and cassiopaea was the first site with the speech that google gave me.

Doing a quick search, I find about three pages worth of other posts which have attempted to link to the site, but I don't see any mention of an official ban anyplace.

What's the deal? We do realize that censoring someone like this is just going to give the appearance of weight to their claims, right?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Or, how about, "ATS censoring Ron Paul?"? I believe there's a thread exists like that.

But again. I don't know why.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by TheoOne]

[edit on 22-11-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Right, but when I type "Ron Paul" it comes out as "Ron Paul" and not "#".

The URL appears to have been added to the swearing filter. The behavior is the same as if you try to type expletives into a message.

Could we get a moderator comment on this? If it's a mistake, or an overzealous debunker in the past, it should be easy to fix. Or, if there's an official ban in place, I'd be curious to know why.

Thank you,

join