It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prehistoric Human Footprints Discovered?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

Thanks for the new pic jimbo, it's interesting they are on a vertical exposed rock.

Has any discussion taken place about exposing more of beneath ground level as I notice it seems to dissapear into vegetation and I am assuming the ground.

Did you yourself make the discovery or were you told of this by the discoverer ?

Hi - yeah - we discussed digging down as, as you observed, the rock continues under the soil. That's options on the table should they feel more investigation is warranted.
Good spot.

Ironically, I was the one looking around for fossils out of pure boredom really - but it was my girlfriend who noticed them...heh. So, to answer your question - no, no-one told us about them...as far as we know, we are the people who actually discovered them.

Jimbo

Wig

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This rock.... Is it lying naturally or has it been disturbed by previous quarry work? It looks like the ones in front of the full footprint have 6 toes ???

[edit on 20/11/2007 by Wig]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Do you have a close up of the handprint that you could share with us?

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Originally posted by Essan
What rock were they in? What is its age? What is the context?

I believe it's stratified ocean rock layering. Limestone perhaps? Minimum estimated age: around 3 million years. Found in an old disused quarry in the UK.

J.

That's the problem. If it's limestone (and it does look like limestone) it's a deep marine sediment. You don't find footprints in it. And if so it's also almost certainly a lot more than 3 million years old. Most recent rocks in the UK are sands and clays.

This is a (rather small I'm afraid) picture of a 8,000 year old footprint found in sediments in the Severn Estuary. It gives an idea of what a human footprint might look like, although I know that more 'realistic' one have been found elsewhere - such as Australia - where there is more likelihood of a flash flood turning the ground wet and then drying, allowing good prints to be readily preserved.

Atm though I'm afraid I'll need a lot more to convince these are genuine.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So jimbo, things must have progressed quite a bit in 6 months.

What are the professors verdicts, I have not come across any news releases yet.

How about an update ?

Wig

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I too was thinking about this the other day. We need an update Jimbo

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I come to these conclusions:

1. Later sediment that solidified unto the rock. Though the vertical nature of the rock face doesn't help this theory.
2. Hoax.
3. Humans have been on the planet FAR longer than thought.
4. Time travel.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
you should email Michael Cremo about this, you can easily find him on the web, he'll make sure to real information is exposed. His book 'forbidden archaeology" has similar finds in it, dating humans back millions of years.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join