It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

warps in time and space...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
could this really happen?

i have just watched the X-files episodes, dreamland and dreamland 2, and i am positively intrigued by this. at first, i thought it was stupid, that no matter how advanced the aliens are, they can't make us switch bodies, or be "melted" into other objects (existing in the same space). but, after a while, i started believing it. could there be some truth behind all of this?

(the reason i put it on this board was because in the episode, it was a shift in a UFO's acceleration, and then crash, that caused mulder and morris fletcher to "switch bodies". it also took place at area 51.)

i know, i know... it sounds positively star trek... but watch the episode if you don't believe me... some of it truthfully makes sense.

[Edited on 30-1-2004 by effigyrelease]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Theoretically, time and space bend all the time. Gravity among other things can cause this, as well as tesseracs.

Think of the space-time continuum as a giant trampoline. Then, drop a bowlign ball on it and call it the earth. Voila, instant warping.

However, this switching bodies nonsense has nothing to do with it.

De

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by effigyrelease

i have just watched the X-files episodes
[Edited on 30-1-2004 by effigyrelease]

You had me there. Its a TV show someone has sat and wrote it so I do not think it is true.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The X-Files is the best. Remember the one where they had that game that was like virtual reality except stuff actually happened. They would go into a warehouse with guns and shoot at guys on motorcycles, and then the game got a virus and kept killing the players. It's kind of hard to explain. I remember it well because there was a stripper in it. What a show.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
its said that in theory you can bend space time and accelrate past the speed of light but when you return to the point of origin then it would be only a few days since you left not years.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Theoretically, time and space bend all the time. Gravity among other things can cause this, as well as tesseracs.

Why would a tesseract bend time and space? It's just a 4-dimensional hypercube. A cube is a 3-dimensional hypercube and a square a 2-dimensional.

Mathworld: Tesseract
Mathworld: Hypercube

top topics

join