It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As we move closer to another Rememberance Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Good day,

I would like to take this time to seek out my fellow Canadains and have them delve into our countries rich history that we developed through out World War One and World War 2, Korea and so forth.

Unfortunately I don't know how to give applause to a fellow member so they can earn points with in the board therefor I would ask for a moderators assistance to provide that to the person who can offer the correct dates and breif description of the following events which allowed Canadian soldiers to make their mark on history.

Thank you all for your time,

Vimy Ridge

Paschendale

Mons

Dieppe

Landing of Sicily

Ortona

Kapyong

Again, Thank you all for your time,

Arcticnull,

We Will Remember

[edit on 11/7/0707 by Arcticnull]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is my first above politics post.

Me and my kids will be going around the neighborhood tomorrow collecting stuff to mail to the troops in Afghanistan.

Vimy Ridge, April 9–12, 1917
One of the greatest battles in Canadian history was the battle at Vimy Ridge, which began on 9 April 1917. Canadian bravery and valour led to the tremendous victory for the entire Allied Force and was considered the turning point of WWI.

Dieppe, 19 August 1942
In the spring of 1942, the Allies planned a large raid on German occupied territory to take place during the first week of July 1942. Originally code-named "Operation Rutter," the objective was the French port of Dieppe.

Maybe others can continue this.

join