It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter films China's own Loch Ness monster: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Local journalist Zhuo Yongsheng shot footage of six "seal-like" creatures in the northeastern Tianchi lake, which local legend has long said is home to Loch Ness-style monsters.

Link

I didn't see this posted and I could not find this on the search.

I would like to see the video for this one.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Oh, and I really love their answer as to why these reports could not possibly be true...

However, scientists dismissed the reports, saying the lake was too cold for life.

What? Has anyone here ever heard of Ice fishing???

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If it's a video where you hardly see anything I'm not going to believe it;-)

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Forum w/ video already going here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue the conversation there.. Thanks for understanding buddy

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We would expect nothing less here at ATS
I'm with you on that one.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Thanks buddy, Thread Closed

Please refer to this post

[edit on 2-10-2007 by kleverone]

Wig

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
Forum w/ video already going here:

Please continue the conversation there.. Thanks for understanding buddy

Hang - on a minute there big buddy, this thread was here first. And this thread is in the crypto forum, so this is the thread that anyone visiting the crypto forum should use.

link to the video is here

They look to me like diving birds. just a few ducks or whatever swimming along then down they go to catch some fish.

Anyone translate the italian?

Looks like others on Youtube agree with me it was ducks.

Here is another report and the picture looks like it was taken a second after a bird has dived.

And another report This time by the same camera man, but how did he get from so far up the mountain down to lake level to take the first photo on the page. The other photos stil look like birds.

It should also be noted that this is a different lake sighting to the other recent China lake sighting discussed in this thread here.

Link to ATS discussion Kanas lake sighting

[edit on 2/10/2007 by Wig]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There has been a lot of reports of lake monster coming from China lately. In the post above there are some examples. There was also this thread about how the Chinese government drained a lake in search of a lake monster.

To me a lot of the video seems very similiar. Either swimming water fowl or schooling fish, but each video is shot very far away to give the appearence that it is something else. I am wondering if these videos are a ploy to promote tourism to China.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is a quote from www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Wig

Originally posted by Terapin
There is a recent report of similar creatures in a different lake in China, that is located near the border with Korea. This footage was reported on September 10.

You should have started your own thread with that one, but someone has beaten you to it now.

I just came back from China 2 weeks ago, during my trip to China I did go to ChangBaiShan during end of August.
It is a beautiful lake and I didn't see any lake monster during my trip there.

For those who like to know more about ChangBaiShan.

It is located on North East of China, and it is to the North East of BeiJing.
You can google map it.
My trip was I flew from BeiJing to ShenYang and then took a bus to BaiShan ( a small village ) for about 7 hours. I think you can take a train, and of course you can find alternative route to go there.
On the way lies the village of Manchurian, it is a beautiful land ( during my trip on Summer - Autumn ).
Not far away from BaiShan there is river which is a border with North Korea. The surrounding is the land of ginseng and several Chinese herbs, it also has deposit of coals and minerals.

It is about another 2.5 hours from BaiShan ( I think it means White Mountain/s ) to ChangBaiShan's ( Long White Mountain/s ) tourism-area gate.
From here you have to take another bus ( provided by local tourism department, it is new and comfortable bus ) for about 45 minutes to reach the mountain side. And, from the mountain side you have to walk and climb for about 30 minutes to reach the top and then you can have a good view of TianChi lake ( Heavenly lake ).
Mind you that it is a highland, you need to adjust your lung for getting sufficient oxygen when you step out of the bus because you will find it hard to breath and get dizziness easily.
They said there are many wild strawberries and grapes on the mountains.

It is a long way. But the good news is the government is building an airport close to the tourism-area. In a year or two you can fly from BeiJing to this airport and then take a land transport for 30 minutes to the tourism area and then take the bus to the mountain side.
If you have private car, you can also drive it through the tourism area gate and drive it to the the mountain side if you pay the pass-through ticket, provided if your car is enviromental friendly only.

I met many South Korean tourists but I didn't see any western tourist during my trip. I learned to know that those South Korean tourists visit ChangBaishan ( China part ) to see Northern Korea due to their unavailability to enter North Korea.
The local accept Korean currency, they speak Korean and as the matter of fact their culture is similar to Korea. Or I would say Korea culture is similar to North East Chinese.

Oh yeah, there were several campers there on top of the mountains. I don't know they are locals or foreigners. I think they were there to enjoy the view and atmosphere and who knows they were hunting for the lake monsters.

You can find volcanic canyons, underground rivers, local flora and faunas at ChangBaiShan, it is a good place for naturalists.

Please be minded there is no proper toilet on the mountain side, bring your own papers! For those who ever visited suburbs in China should know what I mean. Chinese recycle human wastes!
That's why you can' beat Chinese!

For sure, the locals and government will build descent toilets soon. By the way there is proper toilet in the lodge on the way to mountain side area.

Happy Chinese lake monsters hunting.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
Hang - on a minute there big buddy, this thread was here first. And this thread is in the crypto forum, so this is the thread that anyone visiting the crypto forum should use.

Good catch. I was in a hurry and didn't bother to check, bad move.

*slapped myself on wrist and deducted 500 points

top topics

join