It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Housing Boom & Bust Part of 911 Conspiracy??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
After 911 interest rates were lowered and banks dramatically lowered lending standards.

The Fed controls interest rates and wanted to stimulate the economy after the shock of 911. In a normal business climate (without 911) could the lending practices have been changed? I don't think so.

In turn most homeowners experienced a sudden economic windfall in the form of home equity.

This was a convienent distraction from the war on terror, Iraq and the loss of our constitutional rights, not to mention 911.

Could this have been part of a larger deception directly linked to the events of 911?

Now personal debt is at an all time high with the dollar losing value at an alarming rate.

I haven't seen this topic covered very widely so I thought I would throw it out there.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
TO THE OFFICER IN CHARGE OF SUPERVISION AT EACH FEDERAL RESERVE BANK AND TO EACH BANKING ORGANIZATION SUPERVISED BY THE FEDERAL RESERVE

SUBJECT: Information Sharing Pursuant to Section 314(b) of the USA Patriot Act
..."Once the certification form is filed, the filing institution may share information regarding individuals, entities, organizations, and countries for one year,..."

Here is another

Remarks by Vice Chairman Roger W. Ferguson, Jr.
At the Conference on Bank Structure and Competition, Chicago, Illinois
May 9, 2002

As policymakers, we are evaluating our authority and flexibility in responding to situations that temporarily affect a bank's financial condition. I believe that our central bank tools were flexible and effective in providing the liquidity necessary to stabilize the markets in the days immediately after 9/11. We bought a record number of repurchase agreements, injecting approximately $81 billion into the government securities markets. We also loaned approximately $46 billion from the discount window--typical levels are around $100 million. And, to address the collateral needs of foreign financial institutions doing business in the United States and to meet the demand for dollars abroad, we executed a series of agreements to do currency swaps, if needed, with the European Central Bank, the Bank of England, and the Bank of Canada totaling $90 billion. The market reacted positively to the statements that we issued inviting banks to discuss with their regulators temporary balance-sheet issues arising from the market disruptions and encouraging banks to work with customers affected by 9/11.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
In a few words, Leo...Kinda...

Building up asset prices, then collapsing them and buying said assets at much less than their face value has been a modus operandi of various shadow bankster types for decades now...

Whether said banksters had a hand in 9/11 is open to conjecture, but...If you ask me, yes....some of the same people have been involved in all these things...

Peace

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Excellent point leo... i think you may have nailed it on the head.

When this started coming to a head over the summer
i couldn't help but think Economic Smoke & Mirrors ?

As the proverbial saying goes "Great minds think alike".

[edit on 23-10-2008 by The All Seeing I]

new topics

top topics

join