It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Horses around Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
One of the only places left were the sight of a beutiful wild horse roaming across a plain like the american past, is in threat over contaminated water and ground thanks to Area 51. Its well known that they dump chemical waste, and polluted high level contamination into Groom Lake and surrounding areas, to keep it secret.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Not sure I get the gist of
your post.

Groom is pretty much on
the edge of the places we
tested nukes in the 50's.

If horses are still there, more
power to them.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The horses are still there.

Rank and skanky animals. There is much to be said for selective breeding.

Roaming across a plain? It's basin and range desert - mountain ranges with valleys between.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Dumping into groom lake? Isn't it a dry lake bed?

Either way, yeah they do not follow the same EPA rules the rest of us follow when we dispose of hazardous solvents and such.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What is commonly called a dry lake bed is really a playa.

The sediment and debris that was suspended in the water when the lake started to dry up.

The actual lake was much larger. This isn't the lake bed, it's the flat spot created when the dregs all got squeezed into one place.

Sometimes billiard table flat. Fun to drive on, in someone elses car. You wash it off, it comes back. You wash it off some more, it comes back. You wash it off still more, it comes back.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

The dig a hole and burn the stuff. You can see the plume on some sat imagery.

In the Ben Rich autobio, he talks about creating a salt filled pond to test protypes of the Sea Stealth ship and having to keep the wild horses away from the salt. It was not at area 51 if I recall but its a similar scenrio.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AnDroidX107

actually there are quite a few lots of wild horses around, all up and down on the east coast, i know, i just saw them last weekend.

and arizona has quite a few too.

while they are beautiful, despite what OP said, they are beautiful, but awful for the environment.
They are not native. They are competing native species out. They are trampling the envrionment and causing erosion problems.

Yes, it makes for a great picture, but they are causing a lot of problems.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
They are thick as coyotes out here. The BLM rounds hundreds up every year and adopts them out. They are sturdy animals, as the weak just die off. Evolution at it's finest.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Could Wild Horses be used to infiltrate Area 51? Do they have wild horses on or near that land? If they do they are probably used to them crossing the property line and roaming around, probably ignore them. There would be some opportunity to exploit there, I think.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Uhm no your all wrong

Area 51 dumps all its toxic, chemical, hazardous waste in or around Area 51. The burn all their toxic waste to prevent having to take it elswhere.

75 wild horses were found dead a few months back

people are upset that they cannot find a way to make money $ off these horses, people are trying to find a way to make $ off them.

Area 51 said no comment after the horses were found dead after they were drinking water in and around the area

sad

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Actually, the burning of toxic materials at Area 51 stopped after the lawsuit a few years ago. The waste burial site has been moved away from the populated area of the base and various contaminated areas (fuel storage sites, aircraft parking aprons, etc.) have been cleaned up.

The recent incident involving dead horses took place near Tonopah Test Range (Area 52). It had nothing to do with Area 51 and Groom Lake.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AnDroidX107

do you have a link to a news release of this information?

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Here is a news story about the incident at Tonopah:

klas-tv.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I wish I could find out what level of nitrate the water supposedly had. In my opinion, it would take a massive amount of nitrate to kill a horse, something over 2,000 parts-per-million (mg/l) I would think. The U.S.E.P.A. limit for nitrate in drinking water is 10 P.P.M. It must be nice to be exempt from the law. Perhaps there's more to it than just nitrates.

[edit on 10/11/2007 by TheAvenger]

top topics

join