It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Monopoly Game prepping kids for a cashless society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I just saw a commercial for the "new monopoly" game and it has children boasting about not having to use cash to buy anything.

linky linky

Just thought i would share it with you guys and see what you thought of this.

edit to fix link

[edit on 6-9-2007 by hikix]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Interesting find

Your link didn't work for me, I found this one though.
www.hasbro.com...

**Whoops guess you fixed it. This could also be viewed as almost a type of subliminal marketing scheme to get Americans hooked on credit cards, by acclimating kids while they are young. As if people aren't getting into enough debt already these days.

[edit on 9/6/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Yeah I've found that many people (including myself) have been using credit cards to buy stuff that they WANT not NEED. After years of doing this i have found myself in a pretty good amount of debt, and the credit card companies are loving me now!! Its really amazing how hard credit card companies push you to use their product, but its obvious how they can make tons of money off of you. Its a cliche but it really is a saying for modern times : "If you can't afford it, don't buy it!"

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Honestly, I think it is so you dont have to go through the dumb stack of money you get, you lost money gambling pay 22 dollars, you have to pull out a 20 and two 1s or whatever, I just think its to make the game quicker but that's just me.

top topics

join