It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabra related to the whale? Maybe! See my evidence!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Please forgive my act of thread necromancy. I am resurrecting this thread, because it is the last one I posted in regarding this subject, and I decided it was better to add to this thread than to start another.

Far too often photos of foxes, wolves, and dogs dying from sarcoptic mange such as ...

or

or

... are claimed as proof of chupacabra. The animals are always hairless with their skin turned greyish or bluish from secondary infection. The animals tend to look skinny, because, as any cat owner who has given his cat a bath can tell you, an animal's fur adds a lot to its apparent size.

Anyway, I came across an article about a raccoon currently being cared for at an animal shelter that has lost its hair from mange. The raccoon's skin has also turned grey.

In spite of already having been positively identified as a raccoon, the shelter has people contacting it, making claims that the animal is a chupacabra:

CLAREMORE — A virtually hairless raccoon caught near the Dry Gulch USA camp has caused quite a stir for a Claremore animal rescue.

"This is the first time I’ve ever had a mange raccoon. The very first time I saw her she did look odd,” said Annette King Tucker, president at the Wild Heart Ranch in Claremore

"She looks like a little demon. She’s freakish. But you look at the feet, and you look at the snout and eyes, and if you just focus on the skeletal structure, then it’s definitely, no question, a raccoon.”

Mange is common in dogs, but this is the first time workers have seen a raccoon with it, Tucker said. Mange is treatable and the raccoon isn’t in pain. Workers expect hair regrowth to start in 30 days and look normal in about four months.

Others weren’t so easily convinced. Some have angrily called the rescue and argued against Tucker’s identification.

"I have a lot of people calling me, arguing that it’s a chupacabra,” Tucker said. "We’ve been doing this for 14 years and have 15,000 wild animals here, and I’ve never had anything that’s been considered a mythical animal.”

Still, Tucker welcomes anyone who wants to come and see it themselves.

"If somebody were to come in here, a biologist with good credentials, and tell me that I was the only one to have a captive mythical creature in their care, I’m all about that. Because ... I need all the help I can get,” Tucker joked. "If anybody wants to view our chupacabra, we charge $100 for a private tour.”

Read more: www.newsok.com...

I figured it was relevant, and that you guys would want to see it.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Boingo the Clown]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I just recently watched a National Geographic special about Chupacabra. Someone finally killed one and brought it in for testing. After DNA analysis they determined that it was a hybrid. A cross between a coyote and a Mexican Red Wolf.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is an extremely extremely old thread for me, but I just want to say one thing that I recently discovered:

PLAGIARIZER!

smtp.antelecom.net...

Scroll down. Arrantly someone liked this idea good enough to say it.

That said I could hardly care. It's 3 years later and It was a decent thread.

Hope you all like it still.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
some people think that creature is from another demention! or even a demon.. this one is a new one?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join