It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF?! Since when is the pentagram the size of the devil.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   
There was a commerical for a hot spa where a bunch of shapes (yes shapes) were sitting in a steam room. Then triangle took off his towel and everyone was all like eww or something. Then one of the circles turned to a pentagon and said "hey aren't you the sign of the devil?" and he says "no thats the pentagram."

I'm pretty sure we all know that when the pentagram is upright its a sign of god however when its upside down then its satan worship.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hi, I don't know about when the pentagram...so and so...I was just wondering what else happened in the commercial.

Well the pentagram has been a sign of the occult for some time, probably some people took that as a devil sign.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The pentagram was never a Satanic symbol until the church said that it was. Prior to that, it was a Pagan symbol dealing with elements, I think.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure we all know that when the pentagram is upright its a sign of god however when its upside down then its satan worship.

I have spent more time reading the bible than most have spent reading and I have never seen anthing that would indicate a pentagram is the symbol for god.

God specificly spoke against the star.

Acts 7:43 Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Actually, the pentagram with two points upwards used to be the symbol of the second degree Gardnerian Wiccan. However, when Lavey and the Satanists started using it as the symbol of Satanism, Wiccans dumped it.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeratualKalashnikov

dunno about that, but I do know an upside down cross is satanic symbol. Are you getting those confused with each other?

Peace, TSK

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The upward pointing pentacle/pentagram in wicca has been known to represent the four elements/directions with the top point being spirit(combined form of the god and goddess). I've still seen the symbol used by many wiccans and pagans even to this day. TV devil worship, not to be confused with true satanism has a habbit of taking sacred symbols from other religions and faiths and inverting them, so just about anything not completely symmetrical is fair game for them to misuse for ratings and effect.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
w1.1753.telia.com...

The Inverse pentagram
The first records of the use of the pentagram in an inverted version, dates back to Pythagoras. To make the pentagram more oriented to his house (order), despite the symbolic use of the Pythagoreans, he used it in the inverted way. It was in his way the roots of his house, and the star was oriented to signify the healthiness of the home. There was no orientation of good or evil, but strictly a symbol to unite and treasure the roots of life.
In the early medieval times, the inverted pentagram was connected to The Knights Templar, but the more accurate story is, that they might have used it with their symbol of Baphomet.
Eliphas Levi (Alphonse Louis Constant) was the first to adapt the inverted pentagram to a symbol of evil. In the medieval times the-one point up pentagram represented summer, while the inverted symbol represented winter.

Origin of the Baphomet symbol
The Knights Templar were accused of worshipping an idol named Baphomet. The symbol of this Baphomet is a mystery, but there are many versions of its origin.
The symbol could have been a black cat, which in the early medieval times some places was connected to evil beings. Some believes the name to be a corruption of the Moslem word "Mahomet", and others that the name Baphomet is a joining of two Greek words -Baph and Metis- meaning absorption into wisdom . In either case the fact remains that the templars were accused of practicing their initiations and rituals in front of a large idol of the demon Baphomet. A third possibility is, that in the medieval times the horned gods (as Pan), were still worshipped by some peasants and folk peoples of Europe, and therefore became an accepted idol of evil in the eyes of the Christian Church.

Eliphas Levi was the first to adapt the inverted pentagram to a symbol of evil, and included an image of a goat head or Baphomet. He formed for the first time a differentiation between good and evil symbolized by the pentagram. Levi's original drawings of the Baphomet, combines both male and female qualities, and symbolizes the dualistic nature of creation of mankind. One arm is female and the other male. One arm pointing up towards a white crescent moon, and the other down towards a black crescent moon.

The Baphomet symbol
The Baphomet symbol is used as a symbol of the official Church of Satan (COS). The founder of the Church of Satan -Anton Szandor LaVey introduced the symbol to be the most accurate symbol to symbolize the philosophy behind the Church of Satan.
The Baphomet symbol represents the Dark Forces in connection to the procreation force of the goat. This goat icon comes from the Priesthood of Amon from Egypt. The Satanism represents bodily instincts, and when the pentagram is reversed, it matches perfectly to the head of a goat. The horns represents the dualism pointing up, and the other three points pointing down, represents a denial of the Trinity.
The circle around the pentagram represents Leviathan, and the letters corresponding with the points spells Leviathan in the old Hebrew language from the Kabbalah magical learning, starting with the point pointing down and counter-clockwise.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The pentagram with a circle around it is what is known as a "demon trap", for when the spirit is summoned it is contained inside the circle. Woe to the one who leaves a break in the circle, the spirit can escape and overtake the one who summoned, much like someone who would play with the ouija without knowing its applications/rules. The star represents the morning star*, four elements with the point up being the ruler--satan.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Wasn't the pentagram created by aciant greek mathmaticians when the rest of society didn't believe in maths at the time and they needed a symbol to show they were part of the maths cult thing, I was told this in Maths, so it may be suspect...

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Aren't you confusing the Pentagram with the Star of David?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

There was a commerical for a hot spa where a bunch of shapes (yes shapes) were sitting in a steam room. Then triangle took off his towel and everyone was all like eww or something. Then one of the circles turned to a pentagon and said "hey aren't you the sign of the devil?" and he says "no thats the pentagram."

So what about the Pentagon in D.C? Is it upside-down or rightside up?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
*having upload issues*

[Edited on 1-30-2004 by exdog]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
the pentagram was part of the wiccan religion until a bunch of stupid christians decided to turnn against there god and use it as there symbol

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
More precisely the pentagon is a symbol of Luciferic worship. The pentagram a sign of Satanic worship.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
it originally belonged to the pagans though

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Info

Try this link for very basic info on the pentagram/pentacle.

Blessed Be.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helioform
w1.1753.telia.com...

Origin of the Baphomet symbol
The Knights Templar were accused of worshipping an idol named Baphomet...

I had heard that The Knights Templar Order are responsible for the protection of the Holy Grail from Infidels (Non-Christians).

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Actually, the pentagram with two points upwards used to be the symbol of the second degree Gardnerian Wiccan. However, when Lavey and the Satanists started using it as the symbol of Satanism, Wiccans dumped it.

Interesting.. I would like to look more into this .. do you have any references?

posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knightmare
The pentagram with a circle around it is what is known as a "demon trap", for when the spirit is summoned it is contained inside the circle. Woe to the one who leaves a break in the circle, the spirit can escape and overtake the one who summoned, much like someone who would play with the ouija without knowing its applications/rules. The star represents the morning star*, four elements with the point up being the ruler--satan.

Seems kind of superstitious but I would be curious to as what you believe or have experienced for yourself on what those rules are?

<<   2 >>

join