It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange happenings the other night, opinions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hello friends!
I am a common listener to the Coast 2 Coast radio show. And because we do not have the show in Sweden I listen to them from "theduderinok"'s youtube account, recommended. After I listened to a show about consioussness and their implementations I thought I would try it just for fun, I mean, I had some time to kill!

It was a clear night sky with our northern sunrise on my far left side (I guess I was facing towards the east), we have sun almost the entire night. I grabbed my laptop and sat on the balcony and booted it up. While booting the laptop I closed my eyes, relaxed, enjoyed the sounds and smells of a beautiful summer night and said to myself something along these lines:

"I am calm and in peace, I call for the apperance of a UFO."

I then kind of caught that feeling i had in my head and repeated it a couple of times and look up and the even darker darkness, without a single light or even a star in the sky and chuckled at my stupidity for even trying this.

"What the heck! It was worth a try."

I logged on in osx and booted theduderinoks youtube and listened too it for about 30 min and just enjoyed myself when i suddenly looked up and in my line of sight, though far away, just above the treetops, a light shined brightly. I was at the third floor so I could see really far. I KNOW stars and this was NOT a star. And it was not venus, that showes itself often here in sweden because venus faces the otherside of our building. If I would have to guess the light was far up in the sky and really far away, but still shined like nothing i have ever seen in the sky before, and I like to look at stars and planets and stuff. Sadly I did not have any camera that day. I called for my girlfriend who looked at it and said: "strange.. but probobly a satellite or something don't read to much into it". I agreed with her and she went back to whatever she was doing. I contined to watch this light and listed to C2C for the rest of the night, 4 hours, until it was covered by clouds.

The light was at first bright and statinary. It then dimmed and moved to the north slightly then dimmed even more and moved higher up and moved to the south slightly, though still in my direct line of sight from my balcony. I thought that it was a satellite at first and didnt think more about it until the next day.

In the morning I thought that if it was a satellite shouldn't it have moved at a fixed trajectory? And also doesn't satellites move fast over the horizon? And also there is the spooky fact that I reached out with my intention, thought, and asked for it?

Was it all a co-incidential satellite reflecting the light from the sunrise? Or something else? I am only looking for opinions here not much else (unless someone knows if there was a satellite in the swedish northern skies at a july night glowing the entire night

I have not asked for anything similar again and have never seen any lights like it since.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I don't think satellites move that slowly. So I would rule out a satellite.

Did you confirm that it was not a planet or star by checking again the night after at the same time?

Could it have been a reflective weather balloon in the distance?

I really think you should try again to summon it up.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by onthefence55

Yeah! I thought satellites moved fast to, But most importantly does not change trajectory (first staying still then moving north then south and up). Unless it was moving away from me, to the east, and maybe their course can be altered alittle because of... something? I guess it moving away from me could explain why it faded but still it does not seam 100 correct that it would be shining constantly. I thought satellites flickerd, correct?

Oh, yes.. I have checked every clear night since that day and nothing has been around that area in the sky.. not even a bright star...

Weather balloon? hehe.. I have no idea, to be honest...

Yeah I should, I just need to gather the courage, AND maybe more importatly get the correct weather conditions

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I thought satellites flickerd, correct?

Some satellites will flicker if the are rotating while the sunlight shines off them. Stars also flicker depending on the atmospheric conditions, but you've eliminated a star due to the movement. Airplane navigation lights will flicker due to the same atmospheric conditions that cause stars to flicker.

Yeah I should, I just need to gather the courage, AND maybe more importatly get the correct weather conditions

Well the first one did no harm, so it seems harmless to try it again.

Do you have a binoculars or a telescope, it would be good to keep those handy for next time.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by onthefence55

Airplane navigation lights will flicker due to the same atmospheric conditions that cause stars to flicker.

I think we ruled our an aircraft since there was no sound and it stayed around the same spot, just dimmed or got further away, for four hours, if not more.

Do you have a binoculars or a telescope?

I am going to borrow home from work a pair of good binoculars, or maybe an telescope if we have one, and try again. Don't know when really but soon i think. I'll get back here when I do and tell you if I had any success.

Thanks m8 for helping me verify some of my thoughts!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the info about some of the clips being on youtube, coast2coast comes on late at night here and I dont usually have a chance to listen to it. As for you summoning a ufo by thought, I really dont think it was anything from out of this world. I've spent many nights starring up at the night sky in the middle of a field wishing I could get a glimpse of something, and never saw anything more than shooting stars.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It could have been the ISS. It is very bright these days. Check this NASA website for sighting opportunities:

spaceflight1.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netstriker
It could have been the ISS. It is very bright these days.

Sure it could have. Is there any way to find out where the ISS was at a perticular date?

top topics

join