It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible canine, or photoshop hoax? What is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hey, all... I was surfing the web the other night, and I came across a couple's website that skydives. They had one little corner to their website called 'Cuddles'. They claim they were walking on the beach after a dive, and they found this creature and snapped a shot of this. I'm highly skeptical, for a few reasons. First, if you found something on the beach like this, would you snap ONE picture of it and just leave it there? I imagine I would've taken my shirt off and wrapped it in that and walked around naked before I left it laying there. Second, wouldn't you snap MORE than one picture of it? Come on????

That being said, there's a couple of comments about the picture first. One, the red thing near the mouth appears to be just a piece of paper, being too square and uniform to be anything else. Second, the feet (seen clearly in the left-hand side) are four claws, with a dewclaw, which, suggests to me, a canine, yet the mouth and face are more clearly feline in nature, or, at least, not an elongated canine snout.

The overall splotching purple of the skin seems to me to be decay and nothing more. there's a possibility of tufts of fur near the hind leg, which makes me think of the 'hairless' cats and dogs, which, in truth, DO have hair, just sparse and random.

The eyes seem fake to me; then again, it could be because I've never seen a creature with eyes like this. The ears are difficult to place as well.

It seems also to be a bit 'stuck down' into the sand, suggesting to me that it is something that washed up on the beach, but possibly died on the shore and got washed over a bit.

My husband and I were joking that it must be an alien cat, which must've jumped out of the alien's space craft when they were vacationing by the sea (haha...)

I almost want to write this off as a hoax, but it drives..me..CRAZY. I have to know, is it fake? Is it an otherwise heretofore unknown creature (to me) that just needs to be clarified to me? I've searched all over the internet, and this is the closest website I can find to identifying unknown species if you're lost. They really should have a website where scientists can tell you what in the heck you're seeing, huh? Anyway, thanks for looking... here's the pic and links below.

Go to www.msplinks.com...

for an enlargeable picture of it. (When you get there, just click on the picture to enlarge it.)

If you want to go to the page, go to the following www.msplinks.com... Go to 'Fun Stuff' on the side, and on the next page, scroll down to 'What the f**k Is That! It's near the bottom.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ummm... my webhost can't seem to hold up to any viewing whatsoever...

And the links I did are all screwed up. So I'll try it one more time, okay?

Here is the website that you can go view the picture at

www.skydiveuwe.co.uk...

On the left hand side, there is a column; click on 'fun stuff'

Then on the next page, go to the bottom and click on 'What the F**k is That?' or the clickable link for the picture. They named it cuddles. WTF?

I'm sorry it's time consuming to track the pic down rather than just view it here. It's WORTH IT THOUGH. So please look? And can someone please tell me how to upload to cryptozoology or whatever it is that others are uploading to? THANKS!!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm sorry, this is the most annoying website, lol...

Once I get into edit mode, I can't seem to save the changes to my post. There's preview post, which if I click it, brings me back to my old post without the changes, and then there's edit post, which is what I'm doing. Why can't I edit?

You know, I'd just upload the damn picture to this site, but apparently I have to have like 10 or twenty posts before I can do that. Can I get someone else to upload it? I am going nuts wondering what this is?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It looks like a dead dog. That's the impression I'm getting from it anyway. With it half buried in the sand, and no shots of it full-body or from different angles, it's hard to tell though.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
A stray cat in my yard had a deformed kitten born with no hair that looked remarkably like this.
It didn't live.
And before someone asks, no I didn't feel the need to photograph it either.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well having seen photo's of taiwanese street markets, it does look like a skinned dog to me, it hasn't been in the water long though as it still has its eye's.

Very odd.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
If that's a photoshop hoax then I'm a photoshop hoax.Looks like a hairless new born puppy to me, probably only about the size of your hand. I remember seeing one like this when I was small. It appeared someone had shoved them in a bag and threw them into the sea and they got washed in on the tide. Similar to drowning kittens in a bucket. Quite a common thing in the old days but I guess it probably still goes on. Shame.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by wigit]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I probably should've posted the specifics, too.... They were on the California coast, so I don't see Taiwanese dogs, lol...

Newborn pup, Maybe... they do have those short snouts like in the picture.

The thing that throws me off is the eyes. They're completely black, like they are all pupil.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Newborn pups are blind and have a kind of opaqueness to the eyes. This is a pup, either newborn or aborted. It's not an alien creature.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Eh, that's gross. Especially so large and 'in your face' lol. It does look like a drowned, decaying, dead puppy.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thats Cuddles.

It's a drowned dog, you can tell by the very visible Dewclaw on his right fore paw.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

THANK YOU!

I was really starting to think it was an aborted puppy of some sort. I was sure it was canine, though possibly a pug or some other stunted nosed dog.

The lack of perspective was driving me nuts, too.

My friend pointed out an interesting thing, too today. When dogs/cats are born, they have dark spots under the eyes, too, before they slowly (the dark purple spots) disappear and then they open, suggesting that they have eyes similar to this before they opened them.
The only thing that had been driving me completely bonkers was the eyes. Anything else and I would've discounted it as a dead puppy. But the eyes.... ::shudder::
Thanks for the link to the other discussion. Now I can rest, haha... that picture drove me nuts for two days!!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
is that his/her toungue? that bright pink rectangle?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My pleasure. I'm glad that you have closure now.

And as to you darkheart, Isn't this the kind of assessment you can make on your own? It's obviously (to me?) not his tongue because of the pronounced right angle it exhibits. My guess would be a small piece of trash plastic that had blown onto Cuddles mouth.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

i was hoping for it to be a toungue...would have been cuter.

join