It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Hwy Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hello to everyone who reads this!

I was just listening to a talk radio show on XM radio, and a man called in with a report that really spiked my attention.

Basically, the man called in to see if the hosts had heard about a report of a trucker who hit an actual extraterrestrial on Hwy 375. The caller said there had been local reports on the story in Colorado. I still have my "skepticals" on at this point, but thought I would hit up the ATS boards and see if anyone heard anything.

I cannot find any info on the report.

If you are unfamiliar with Hwy 375 here is a little explanation:

Nevada State Highway 375 stretches for 98 miles from US-93 in the southeast to US-6 in the northwest. It crosses three large high desert valleys in south central Nevada: Tikaboo Valley, Sand Spring Valley and Railroad Valley. Except for a couple of ranches, the town of Rachel is the only settlement along the way.

In April 1996 Nevada State Highway 375 was officially named the Extraterrestrial Highway for the many UFO sightings along this lonely stretch of road. The highway is close to the mysterious Area 51, and in the 1980's and 1990's there have been many sightings of unidentified objects near the base. Even today visitors and locals alike often see strange lights in the night-sky while driving down the highway.

Thank you for reading, and I apologize for not having more information on the actual story.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I do not recall ever hearing such a story, but maybe some members will.

It sounds more like someone trying to start a rumor.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well if he hit it in a semi, I doubt that it lived!

Did he pick it up? Take samples of blood/fluid off his truck?

Or did he just keep on truckin??

If he did hit one their would be alot of proof/evidence on his truck alone not to mention the body!

Im calling BS on this one.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Merro138
I am from Colorado and I haven't heard anything about this. When was this to have happened? Did you talk to the trucker yourself?

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merro138
Basically, the man called in to see if the hosts had heard about a report of a trucker who hit an actual extraterrestrial on Hwy 375. The caller said there had been local reports on the story in Colorado. I still have my "skepticals" on at this point, but thought I would hit up the ATS boards and see if anyone heard anything.

My apologies in advance, but I read this and I just started thinking that here was this little thin ET who got lost in the desert, found this highway and started to hitchhike back to secret base. Oops! But he has four fingers, but no opposable thumb, so no one understands he wants a ride! Frantic for attention he steps in front of a Freightliner. Oops again! Poor little guy. Road kill on the Extra-terrestrial highway. So close!

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Schuyler, tell me the truth now... you've got to be the weirdest, and I mean the WEIRDEST guy on your block right??

Anyway, if there's any kernel of truth to the OP's story then it's my guess the first place to look for that little guy would be as a lunch platter special at the Lil Ali' Inn that's just up the road.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What would an alien be doing hanging out so close to the side of the road in the middle of nowhere?

Story is bunk, but entertaining.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is a story I have never heard of. And after reading a little bit into it the pieces just do not fit.

One point is very real, and most would just laugh it off. But an alien would have no rights here on this planet. Heck the humans that live here need ID, SS numbers ect ect.

A person from another country can not come here legally without filling out the proper paper work. Without laughing at this, what rights do you think a being would have comming here with no ID and such?

If it got hit by a truck, I dont think it would get medical attention as the being doesnt have insurance, no paper work.

Under earth laws we would have to arrest this being. Sounds like rubbish but I think about those legal issues to a being not from earth. Heck even people that live here get hassled, just think about it..

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This was supposed to have happened Monday August 12th. I haven't heard anything else after that phone call into the radio show, and haven't had any luck finding anything online about it.

I agree with the lot of you, probably just someone trying to start a rumor. Thought I would come to the best place to ask such a question - ATS.

If anyone had heard the same story as I did, it would be here.

Thanks for everyone's input, and if you hear anything that relates...please post it.

Take Care

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Merro138 could you contact the radio station or the radio show?

[edit on 15-8-2007 by meurig]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
If it got hit by a truck, I dont think it would get medical attention as the being doesnt have insurance, no paper work.

Yeah, the paperwork would be a bitch. And with HIPAA in effect (that's the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) nobody could touch him without his permission, or that of a close relative with a signed affadavit. I'd just have to hope that the Feds might claim in loco parentis on this guy and provide him with health care just this once. That would only take a few weeks, so hang in there, little buddy!

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'll try. If I am successfull - I will post more on this thread.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
My only experience with a highway UFO came late in the afternoon as I was returning from Circuit City in MTG, AL heading to Prattville when I saw above the hwy a glow that seemed to hover and it got closer as I approached but I hit my brakes and my Honda Civic CRX spun to the left and I was then heading toward a object backwards breaking still I managed to evade the object in the center of the hwy with soil and grass becoming embedded in my tire rims from digging up the median and I actually passed in front of the object while it drove onward. The object was a 18 wheeler loaded with crushed automobiles stacked atop each other in two stacks about ten feet high and he did not have his running lights turned on and so I did not see him but as for the UFO I am now a believer that this UFO I saw was instructing me to break fast and hang on as I did and I survived instant death and avoided a accident witha 18-wheeler. Thank God I saw a UFO that was not truly defined as a UFO but if something changed my course it did that and I am here today. I still have my Honda CRX and happy to not have had any further instances like that which would cost me my life. Stupid 18-wheeler drivers that don't turn on their running lights can cause a multitude of problems just like that, he couldn't see what was ontop of his truck ut I did believe I saw a UFO andit being above the hwy I had to break hard, damn lucky I would say thanks to the UFO that saved me from death.

top topics

join