It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicali Smog or ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I was poking around looking for possible places to fish some canals near the Salton Sea, via google earth. I may be wrong here, but is this massive smog I am looking at over Mexicali? Fire perhaps? Clouds? The imagery is absolutely disgusting.

You can clearly see the "stuff" oozing over into the American side of the border.

Link to Google Earth

Your thoughts?

Take care,

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
your from cali and are worried about smog??? maybe you should move...I hear you guys really got to work on that.....just a thought.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Dont even think about fishing there, I used to drive to Mexicali all the time to party there and those canals are FULL of chemicals that run off the farms there. The water smells and looks funky, I dont think there are any fish in it anyway, and if there are they probably have three eyes or grew legs out and run away from there

edit: Oh and as far as that smog, its smoke. Alot of people burn stuff there, I am not sure what because I usually was there at night and drunk as hell but it smelled like burnt grass or leaves.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Lecter]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
Dont even think about fishing there, I used to drive to Mexicali all the time to party there and those canals are FULL of chemicals that run off the farms there.

edit: Oh and as far as that smog, its smoke. Alot of people burn stuff there, I am not sure what because I usually was there at night and drunk as hell but it smelled like burnt grass or leaves.

[edit on 13-8-2007 by Lecter]

Hi Lecter,

Copy that,

I was actually following the canal from Coachella, CA and was curious to see where it led. Behold it led straight to the nasty part of Mexico. I fish in the Colorado all the time, just never that far south, but was researching. But rest assured, I wouldn't eat anything near the border, but fish it I just might. They have serious sewage control down south no doubt.

That is very bizarre that the city or whatever would let their citizens burn grass, but I don't doubt it. Thanks for the heads up.

Take care,

new topics

top topics

join