It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone should watch this...(History of Oil)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is my first post, therefore, i'm sure i'm doing this wrong...

This guy puts the situation in Iraq in a very different perspective from much of what I've heard going around. It's long, but worthwhile, and funny

video.google.com...

Dae

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I watched this last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. He touches on a lot of history that is little well known but also seems to miss quite a bit out, for instance he doesn’t mention Israel at all and fails to mention the suppression of alternative technologies and he supports the guilt trip angle, i.e. "People need to wake up blah blah peak oil blah blah"

In my mind, people already know about the wasteful polluting rubbish we make, people already are aware that changes need to be made, it isn’t the people who need convincing, its the corporations and capitalism that needs persuading!

Anyways, its enjoyable, funny and illuminating, made with much intelligence and thought, a must see for all ATS'ers!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This was actually aired in the UK sometime last year on C4 i believe. Robert Newman is a satryical stand up also I think.

I remember watching this when it aired, I think he raises some very good points but you can hardly cover this topic in one 45 min slot mind you I'm not sure you could cover it in 10 45min slots.

MR

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well I know he doesn't cover every possible angle, but I thought he did a good job at getting his point across in a way that is accessible for the average (or maybe slightly above average person.)
People really don't have very long attention spans. Really 45 minutes is pushing it for most people who only want a 2 minute you-tube clip. I think the use of humor is good, it keeps people watching, and even though he doesn't cover everything, if he gets someone thinking out of the box for the first time, then it's a success.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Bumping this thread in light of recent events...

top topics

join