It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant tube near entrance to GroomLake Road

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed the giant brown tube protruding from the ground near the entrance to groom lake road? It is heavily locked and capped with a steel brace around the lock. Surprised this has not been discussed before. Appears to be a giant pipe just going straight down into the desert floor in the middle of no where....(leading to some underground base?)

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
That sounds like the well that was being drilled a few years ago. I saw the drilling crew working on it when I drove by on my way to Rachel. I believe it was discussed on Dreamlandresort.com a while back.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
any idea why they would need a well some 30 miles from the base and 20+ miles from rachael in the middle of nowhere?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The "goal" is to steal water from Central Nevada and feed it to Las Vegas. There are two such well heads along Groom Lake Road.

I don't want to congest the server with something not exactly on topic, but here is a short paragraph from a recent news story about such water theft:
-----------
Lincoln County had opposed the water-pumping plan, but reached an agreement with the water authority in 2003 that states which groundwater basins each can developed in the county north of Las Vegas. The agreement also allows for use of the pipeline, for a price, by the county.

-------------
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Is it grilled? Ventilation for underground facilities possibly?

It would be a distance from the site for security

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The pipes are solid and welded shut. I'll make a mental note to photograph them and log the coordinates. I don't think they are particularly important in the realm of spookiness. They are very easy to miss except for the lack of vegatation. The wellhead may not be as large as the structure on the ground.

Generally, the lack of vegetation in the desert is a good clue something has happened there. There is an expression that goes something like "the desert doesn't heal." The recovery of a plane crash is a good example. Lately, the USAF has been plowing the ground and fertilizing (sp) crash sites. I revisted the crash at the dry lake east of Rachel and could only find the tire tracks of the recovery truck.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
Has anyone else noticed the giant brown tube protruding from the ground near the entrance to groom lake road? It is heavily locked and capped with a steel brace around the lock. Surprised this has not been discussed before. Appears to be a giant pipe just going straight down into the desert floor in the middle of no where....(leading to some underground base?)

On my last trip down Groom Lake Road, I logged the gps locations of these well heads.
N37.41358 W115.41206
N37.39043 W115.48044

Google Earth has fair resolution for the first waypoint, but you can't see the well head. The resolution at the 2nd waypoint is pretty poor.

I would have photographed them, but the wind was really ripping at the time. I don't think they will be going anywhere, so there is always tomorow...

top topics

join