It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado warning in NYC.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I live in New York City's suburbs and we just had a tornado warning. To quote the news, " Stay in your houses, close your windows and stay in any basements or lower areas" WTF is going on? Oh yea, just saw a confirmed tornado on the news. I'll find a link if I can.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
UPDATE: All airports closed.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Gorman91]
www.fly.faa.gov...

"due to weather" is why JFK is closed.

i95.photobucket.com...

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
For those in the area here's the NASA/Marshall weather sat loop link.

Best of luck,

Vic

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Newsday and News12 greatly exaggerated this. Where I live we had heavy rain around 9am EST for maybe a half hour and it stopped. There were no cars floating away, no gigantic waves rolling down Deer Park Avenue or Southern State, etc. The tornado warning was canceled within an hour of being issued. The power outages are widespread but very small in number like 10 outages in this community, 5 here, 9 here, etc and as usual are mostly confined to Brookhaven Town and the Northshore, down here in Southwest Suffolk all is business as normal and has been so all day.

NO airports are closed, JFK and LaGuardia have delays of up to 4 hours. The LIRR is messed up as usual, if they cant even fix the famous gap then obviously they cant handle a rainstorm.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It looks like all the weather is to the south of NYC now. It was raining very hard this morning though.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm watching the news now. Tornado happened, I didn't hear where though. Oh well, I was kinda hopping for one to brag about surviving.

new topics

top topics

join