It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi-tech, fool-proof CD exists, & here's the patent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Very interesting material. Good find.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pootie
Very good thread, but may I suggest that CDI has remote CD technology advertised on their website known as DREXS that doe snot need miles of fiber optic cables...

Plus fiber optic systems are susceptible to interference from flashes of light? Couldn't this also cause premature detonation?

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
actually reading through the patent papers, flashes of light do nothing to this becuase the detonation occurs when a laser is fired and the beam is directed through the FO lines and heats the first stage in the blasting cap. its actually a laser firing the system so just random flashes of light do nothing to this system.

pootie. i maintain the same opinion as i did in the thread where you brought up this drex stuff before. nothing ive read gives me any reason to think that it is anything more tahn their own proprietary linear shaped charge system and "remote" could mean anything and doesnt automatically mean "radio". unless they've updated their info on it of late or you read somewhere that says "radio" then ill just remind you taht the first "remote controls" for televisions were actually little boxes with controls connected to the TV by a wire. lots of toys are "remote control" and are just the controller hooked to the car by a wire.

this is NOT meant to be insulting, but i think you read up a little about something and inferred a lot out of that context.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
pootie. i maintain the same opinion as i did in the thread where you brought up this drex stuff before. nothing ive read gives me any reason to think that it is anything more tahn their own proprietary linear shaped charge system and "remote" could mean anything and doesnt automatically mean "radio". unless they've updated their info on it of late or you read somewhere that says "radio" then ill just remind you taht the first "remote controls" for televisions were actually little boxes with controls connected to the TV by a wire. lots of toys are "remote control" and are just the controller hooked to the car by a wire.

Since ALL demolitions are "remote" because you can't stand in the building and light a fuse, I find it hard to believe that their talking point "remote" simply means they are running a long wire as they have done for decades.

BUT, feel free do deny it and call it a marketing ploy...

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
well, truth be told, standing in the building and lighting a fuse is the SAFEST way to set off a shot. any buck private 12B in the us army can determine the burn rate on a roll of time fuse and can calculate how long he needs to safely walk back to the safe zone and can pull off enough fuse from the roll to time the blast to within a few seconds. fuse sets off a blasting cap which sets off the det cord which sets off all subsequent demo blocks.

however...its not nearly as dramatic as the "10-9-8..." countdowns that the demo companies love so much for the press value and also takes away the whole "pushing of the plunger" media shots that the news loves so much. so, they typically go with a single electric blasting cap which DOES have wires running back to a control box in the safe zone.

so, again, if you know something about CDI's drex stuff that DOES indicate that theyve found a way around the problems with remote controls and that many loose electric blasting caps, i would love to read it just for the educational value it would provide.

but, short of that, i still see nothing that indicates its anything other than LSC's. i mean, do htey publish anything about their stuff as far as HE content or yeild? is there a patent on this stuff i just couldnt find when i looked? are you basing any of your opinions off anything other than a strong desire to have finally "caught" cdi?

cmon man, im open minded but throw me a bone here...

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
Why are we still going over the same mundane explanations for this event? Shouldn't we also think "outside the box" about some possible causes that aren't commonplace knowledge to the general public? For instance in this particular area (CD), what if they had some wireless charges set up over a network akin to N or wi-fi or something we haven't even seen before? Maybe at a different frequency so that 2.4/5.8 phones wouldn't interfere? The optical cables was a good point. What about something set up over the hardline computer network itself? I'm not talking about crazy holograms or alien ships cloaked as planes here, but there also has been way too little of the "logical, yet creative" thinking on this board and in the truth community as a whole.

*steps off soapbox*

At any rate I have a feeling whatever was the actual cause of 9/11 (from the base reason it happened all the way up to how it was actually carried out) is something that is way outside what we are thinking right now.

Well actually "outside the box" gets you nowhere, in that you quickly run into, to paraphrase that fine philosopher Rumsfeld, "unknown unknowns." You can't prove them, even though you have evidence to suspect them, and you won't have much suasion saying to the average Joe, "Believe me, 9/11 is an inside job because they used demolition techniques we don't even know about." He'll write you off in the blink of an eye.

Here, at least, with fibre-optic CD, you've got a compelling piece of the "how" puzzle answered. It may not have been done exactly this way, but it sure will convince anybody that it was possible. Easy, even. It wipes out a whole slew of objections about the invasiveness of planting charges and wiring the towers.

I strongly suspect there's more to the destruction of the WTC complex than just conventional devices, but it's beyond our grasp right now. But it's real-world things like this, easily verifiable, that will push things forward.

[edit on 20-7-2007 by gottago]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

well, truth be told, standing in the building and lighting a fuse is the SAFEST way to set off a shot. any buck private 12B in the us army can determine the burn rate on a roll of time fuse and can calculate how long he needs to safely walk back to the safe zone and can pull off enough fuse from the roll to time the blast to within a few seconds. fuse sets off a blasting cap which sets off the det cord which sets off all subsequent demo blocks.

Damocles... we are talking about blwoing giant skyscrapers, etc. with CDI's tech... not a private wiring a few charges.

All commercial demolitions are fired "remotely", from a safe distance and have been for years with a switch so why would they advertise this new technology as being "remote"?

You know this. This is not some run in military battlefield hack job we are talking about.

[edit on 20-7-2007 by Pootie]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   

are you basing any of your opinions off anything other than a strong desire to have finally "caught" cdi?

I am not trying to "catch CDI" (though they appear in many strange ways re: 9/11)... I am trying to show that wireless demolition is very possible... All you need is secure, digital signaling and shielded detonators.

Not that hard in 2007, 2001 or even 1996...

[edit on 20-7-2007 by Pootie]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

All commercial demolitions are fired "remotely", from a safe distance and have been for years with a switch so why would they advertise this new technology as being "remote"?

I don't know why they would advertise something that is in use everywhere. I just spoke with Stacy of CDI and she verified that the remote still means wired. Why they advertise something that has been in use for decades is beyond me though.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I don't know why they would advertise something that is in use everywhere. I just spoke with Stacy of CDI and she verified that the remote still means wired. Why they advertise something that has been in use for decades is beyond me though.

Can Stacy provide any more information on DREXS? Is it a simple marketing "ploy"? How is it so "expedient" and why the word "remote"?

Can you ask her for the brochure?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Can Stacy provide any more information on DREXS? Is it a simple marketing "ploy"? How is it so "expedient" and why the word "remote"?

Can you ask her for the brochure?

She was a little questioning of why I was asking. But, she did say that the remote part was still wired remote. I don't want to call her again. Maybe you could?

International Headquarters - Field Operations
Controlled Demolition Incorporated (CDI)
P.O. Box 306
2737 Merryman's Mill Road
Phoenix, Maryland 21131
USA
Tel: +1-410-667-6610
Fax: +1-410-667-6624
E-Mail: [email protected]

Consulting Services
Loizeaux Group International (LGI)
P.O. Box 306
Phoenix, Maryland 21131
USA
E-mail: [email protected]

Media/Public Relations Services
The Loizeaux Group, LLC (TLG)
P.O. Box 306
Phoenix, Maryland 21131
USA
E-mail: [email protected]

She knows who I am and sometimes doesn't like to answer my questions. She was very suspicious of me asking about Drexs.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Guys, I think the number you need to call is unlisted.

If Drexs is being widely advertised it certainly wasn't used. And with standard commercial CD, CDI isn't going to be using anything that isn't above all cost-efficient. Drexs basicially sounds like slick marketing for a standard-issue CD.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Damocles... we are talking about blwoing giant skyscrapers, etc. with CDI's tech... not a private wiring a few charges.

doesnt change how they are primed one bit. a mil issue demo block is primed the same way as each charge on a skyscraper shot.

cuz it made a better acronym for marketing?

You know this.

yes i do, i was making a point. time fuse is the SAFEST way to blow anything. the BIGGEST reason, other than those i listed before, that they use a wired cap is that theres a "point of no return" on time fuse. once it burns a certain length theres no turning back whereas with a plunger or blasting box you can call it off even at 1 on your countdown ok i suppose tht you COULD run in at the last second and cut a burning fuse but if you time it even a second wrong yer boned so yeah...

This is not some run in military battlefield hack job we are talking about.

that one actually got a laugh from me, thanks, i needed that lol a bit of levity is always appreciated lol

[edit on 20-7-2007 by Damocles]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join