It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the PREDATOR CIA Unmanned aircraft made in AREA51?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The CIA's so-called the PREDATOR to spy on al-qaeda camps in Afganistan and stuff, was it that deigned ir built in AREA-51??

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The Predator is made by General Atomics Aeronautical
San Diego California

MQ-1 PREDATOR UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE

No Doubt some testing was done at Nellis Air Force Base and Creech Air Force Base in Nevada

The US Base for the predator is at Creech Air Force formerly Indian Springs Auxillary Airfield

[edit on 7/15/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

[edit on 7/15/2007 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
General Atomics originally tested the Predator UAV from their facility at El Mirage, California. They have since relocated to nearby Grey Butte (formerly the McDonnell Douglas RCS test range).

Operational Predators are based at Creech AFB at inding Springs, Nevada. I had the opportunity to "fly" the Predator control simulator a few years ago. It was a lot harder than it looked. The operator has to have the skills of a pilot as well as those of a video gamer. Restricted visibility and lack of conventional piloting cues (g-forces, engine noise, control "feel", etc.) substantially increase pilot workload.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
General Atomics has their own flight test facilities. I watched them flight testing the last time I was in the area. I don't think they would do experimental flight test at Creech, but I wouldn't rule it out.

www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
as i said in my own personal experience on Tikaboo, they sent a predator after us which flew about 20 feet over our heads at 3am. You have no idea how quiet these things are... Didnt even know it was coming until it was actually over our head, then gone. Also i think it dropped rocks or something on the ground around us...really strange.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
as i said in my own personal experience on Tikaboo, they sent a predator after us which flew about 20 feet over our heads at 3am. You have no idea how quiet these things are... Didnt even know it was coming until it was actually over our head, then gone. Also i think it dropped rocks or something on the ground around us...really strange.

yeah, I'm sure a million dollar drone is going to drop rocks...

I read your thread about the visit... why no pic's of the runway all lit up as you claim ?
just wondering...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have no idea what you are getting at. Is there something big and important about runway lights?... dont the lights turn on all the time? I was looking for UFOS not runway lights or a unlight noiseless UAV buzzing my head. Seriously what is your point? If light runway lights mean something let me know and I'll be sure to take loads of shots and video tape of "runway lights" turning on and off...

Had something VISIBLE actually left or landed on the runway you can be sure i would have been the first to photograph it.

[edit on 26-7-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

yeah, I'm sure a million dollar drone is going to drop rocks...

"The US military is developing miniature electronic sensors disguised as rocks that can be dropped from an aircraft and used to help detect the sound of approaching enemy combatants."

uhhhh yeah I AM SURE MILLION DOLLAR DRONES ARE DROPPING ROCKS...well maybe because they already are.

source
www.ft.com...

[edit on 26-7-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
there's a difference in dropping rocks and sensors desguised as rocks...
so
all you want.

You claim all this extraordinary stuff that happens to you while at "51", but all we get are pics of you by some rocks, and someone else who is bleeding, etc.

Just would have been cool to see the runway lit up.

Thats all, and if the drone was 20 ft above you, it might have been able to be picked up by your camera, maybe ?

but enough derailing this thread... good luck in future adventures in the desert. Stay safe.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
"there's a difference in dropping rocks and sensors desguised as rocks...
so
all you want.
"

No there isnt, they disguise them as rocks...to well....look like rocks
. Dont exactly want your enemies knowing what they are or finding them. And at the time i honestly had aboslutely no clue what was dropped as it was dark and after searching the ground found nothing.

"You claim all this extraordinary stuff that happens to you while at "51", but all we get are pics of you by some rocks, and someone else who is bleeding, etc. "

That was just some personal pictures I wanted to share regarding the hike.
Despite what happened i still do not personally believe anything "extrondinary" happened to me. I assumed this UAV business is now common practice.

"Just would have been cool to see the runway lit up. "

believe me...it was... like a diamond on fire in the desert... truely amazing view when the base light up.

"Thats all, and if the drone was 20 ft above you, it might have been able to be picked up by your camera, maybe ? "

I didnt have my camera on me at that time as i was searching for glowing objects in the distance. Then i heard what i can only describe as a car close by driving past us in a matter of seconds and a mixuture of what sounded like a slow moving blade. As fast as it interupted us, it was also gone. It blotted the stars out as it passed over head then was immediatly lost into the dark night. Honestly even if i had my camera after it passed over my head (the only time i heard or even knew it was anywhere near us) I wouldnt have been able to follow it as it left. The thing was truely stealth and any enemy combatants this used on will have no clue of its arrival or departure, it really is that quiet (until it is on top of you!!)

"but enough derailing this thread... good luck in future adventures in the desert. Stay safe."

Thanks
I hope to return within a few week and check out a few other surrounding areas around the base. Also have a trip planned to the skinwalker ranch next month that i will report on. If anything this trip has prepared me for my next visit.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I've been present when the Predator is close enough to see (as my photos show) and have also had one fly above me (unseen) while at the power line overlook. They are very loud.

When Chuck Clark was doing his "orange post" documentation exercise, he said he heard a UAV over head in areas where the camo dudes could not watch him.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
what i heard was extremely quiet actually noiseless until it was directly over our heads, sounded like a large fan blade slowly moving, and oddly like a car driving by (hard to explain that one). Thanks for sharing that story, as I assumed this was a common experience for the base to investigate pesky onlookers

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
OK, but it most likely was not a Predator. They are quite loud. I have had the HH60 fly over Tikaboo at night. On the scanner, the chopper will have a callsign something like Sierra Pappa. You need the military tower frequency, which of course I can't publish. The base knows I have it since I have uploaded scanner audio on the frequency.

If you don't have the base air frequencies, they are easy to find, especially the VHF frequencies. Just bandscan the VHF air band. Every time you hear a signal, lock on it, determine that it is not the base (pretty easy to do), then lock it out. I got the VHF approach frequency very quickly (about an hour), The approach/departure, which they call control took a little longer. It is nearly impossible to get the UHF air frequencies by bandscanning, but signal stalker technology as on the Pro-97 does the job.

top topics

join