It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Promiscuous Race?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heronumber0
I think your friend has read, or heard, too many urban myths budski. The OP was a demotic statement disguised as a question.

Well how else do you float opinion except by making a statement provocative?

I'll accept there are other ways, but dressing it up a bit means you can weed out the chaff - like me for instance

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Let's keep in mind that correlation does not imply causation. Even if a particular nationality, ethnicity, etc was found to have higher instances of promiscuity in some statistically sound manner, it would not necessarily mean that it was endemic to the group they belonged to. It could be because their demographic is more likely to be exposed to unrelated causative factors.

I would start my investigation with factors such as poverty (which can be an incentive both to dead-beat parenting and prostitution), and over generations could be argued to degrade family traditions in the affected demographic as circumstances would have prevented many people within that demographic from being exposed to certain behavioral models.

Another factor I'd want to look into is religious preference- the guidelines of normative behavior that a person of a given origin is likely to be exposed to thanks to their circumstance could certainly have a bearing.

And of course the list goes on.

We do ourselves a disservice when we place the terms of an equasion in the wrong order. Start with a problem (negative effects of promiscuity), identify causes, formulate a solution, and then target the solution to those most affected in the most direct way possible (at which point it may or may not be necessary to use demographic groups as a "catch all" mechanism to circumvent the need for data that is impractical to obtain). That's being socially conscious.

If you start with curiousity of a provocative nature (I wonder who is more promiscous?) the whole thing risks becoming an exercise in removing motes and ignoring planks.
That's gossip.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Cowards!

God, how I hate "People Pleasers".

Of course there is a "Most Promiscuous Race".

There is an answer to every question.

Have the Ba**s to give an answer.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Of course there is an answer to every question. Sometimes the answer is that the question is flawed or irrelevant.

For instance: Who was a better tasting tomato, Frank Cappra or Al Capone?

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I've been having a look for some info on this, and it's surprisingly (or not) hard to find.

The following links are worth a look:
www.webmd.com...

www.chico.mweb.co.za...

www.free-press-release.com...

One of the problems in any sexual activity survey is that they are self reporting - there is no way to know if people are actually telling the truth about promiscuity, contraceptive use or age that someone became sexually active.
As a very general example, men may be more likely to inflate figures and women to reduce figures, because of societal factors.

This, I think, is the single biggest problem in any survey of this type.

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The bonobo of course:

Sexual intercourse plays a major role in Bonobo society, being used as a greeting, a means of conflict resolution and post-conflict reconciliation, and as favors traded by the females in exchange for food.

en.wikipedia.org...

Seriously, I don't think race plays a big part in how promiscuous you are.

[edit on 7/17/2007 by Alien42]

[edit on 7/17/2007 by Alien42]

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Here's the complete 2005 survey. Looks like the Greeks are doing it the most, asians least. www.durex.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join