It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange creature sighting: looking for help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Dear all,
I've had a very strange experience. Here it goes:

One night at about 12:30 a.m. I was dropped off by my friend at the intersection by my house. As I was walking up the hill to my house, I noticed something in the middle of the road by the woods on the side. At that point, I figured it was just a cat or racoon or something but as I got closer, I noticed something very odd. It seemed as though this animal was sitting cross legged (yes, crosslegged) with its hands resting on its thighs. Needless to say, I was taken aback, but at that point, I decided it was just a teddy bear. Weirdly, the teddy bear's head seemed to be fixated on me, and as I glanced over, it seemed as though it was staring at me. I figured it was nothing, because it was probably just a toy bear. But, as I walked up my steps, I watched it, and its head turned tracing me. Of course, this thing was alive and was not a teddy bear. When I saw the head turn, I ran into the house, as I got a really really bad feeling. I went upstairs, realizing I should have taken a picture, but when I looked out to where it was, it was gone. Here's the best way I can describe how it looked:

The size of a teddy bear, with dark brownish fur, small black eyes, with NO NUZZLE (that's what confused me because that meant it couldn't be a racoon nor a cat), again, it was sitting cross legged with its arms on its thighs. As naive as this may sound, when I saw this thing, I got a very bad feeling, not fear, a different, bad bad bad feeling. I don't know what it was but for some reason I seem to associate it with a demon-like creature, because it just seemed wrong.

Just to let you know, I like in the Northeast so bears are not at all common in my area. Racoons are very very common, but I have never heard of bears.Of course, like anyone, I'd love to think that I've seen a supernatural creature that no one has heard of nor seen before, but I'm completely aware that it might have just been a regular animal. However, I have never seen anything like it, and I was wondering if any of you could give me any input or anything you've heard that's at all similar to my story.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
First off, I have a few questions.

-- What were you doing at your friends, any drinking or drug use?

-- You said it was at 12:30 at night, so you might have been to tired to remember, but can you possibly give us more description on the creature?

-- Since it was after midnight, it would've still been dark, even with the street lamps (If there were street lamps), so you could easily have mistaken it for an animal. Do you have any substantial evidence in was mythical, or paranormal?

-- It sounds like you had a pretty interesting experience. After you looked outside, and noticed it missing, why didn't you walk outside looking for it, armed with a camera? Don't be giving me some excuse like it could've hurt you, if it was so small, I highly doubt it, and you could've armed yourself with a weapon.

[edit on (7/9/0707 by Hexidecimal]

[edit on (7/9/0707 by Hexidecimal]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sounds kind of like an injured baby bear with a broken leg. Maybe it was injured in the road and was frozen with fright after being hit. When you ran away maybe it saw it's chance to scurry away with whatever working legs it had left. Who knows - what you described is odd, know doubt.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ok so I'm totally aware that it was probably nothing, just an animal or something, I just thought it was really strange and seemed out of the ordinary.

Hexidecimal:
To answer your questions:

-- No, there was no drinking or drugs at all

-- The only description that I was really able to see was what I mentioned earlier, to be completely honest, it looked kinda like a mix between Chewbacca and those hooded guys from Star Wars. Normally I would have thought it was just a cat, but I've never seen a cat sit crosslegged, and that's what confused me.

-- To be honest, I really don't have any evidence at all it was paranormal. In fact, I'm not trying to claim it was something at all, I just thought it was really weird and I was wondering if you guys have ever heard of something like this before.

-- Yea honestly, now that I think about it, I probably should have gone back out to look around. I doubt that I would have found it because it probably ran into the woods, but still I should have gone out... not well executed on my part, I'm aware of that.

Evasius:

Yea that seems totally possible, the thing is, I have never heard of a bear living anywhere near me, so I doubt that it was a bear. It seems more than likely that that's what it was, I've just never heard of bears in my area.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This does seem strange, I am also thinking something maybe injured. I wonder if it was really sitting cross-legged or was really dark and it looked like it was sitting cross-legged? A cat seems logical, cats do watch people and can appear to sit with their legs crossed when cleaning themselves and such. Did you look around that area when it was light and look for tracks? Maybe scout the area and you might see it again. Good luck sounds interesting.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Perhaps a Bobcat? I too live in the Northeast and have sighted these, (Bobcats) on occasion and it has given me pause. They are larger than even a big tomcat, stockier and furrier and look quite odd. My father and I were walking down to a garage and there was a strange animal that we first commented on looking like a koala sitting about 200 feet from us and just watching us. It wasn't until we were about 50 feet away that we were able to identify it as a Bobcat. It just regarded us as we passed and showed no fear. Anyhow, there's my guess.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Yeah so I'll definately keep an eye out but I doubt it'll turn up again, you never know though. All of these are good suggestions, bobcat is maybe possible, but i dunno because i've never heard of bobcats around here, my best guess at this point is a cat, but i really dont think it was a cat because it looked bigger (koala bear sized) and it just didn't really look like a cat, but who knows

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
A VERY small drunken hobo?

join