It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baath official warns of war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Baath official warns of war

www.ynetnews.com

Syrian official threatens 'resistance' by September, warns Damascus preparing for large-scale conflict

Aaron Klein, WND
Published: 07.09.07, 15:50 / Israel News

If Israel doesn't vacate the strategic Golan Heights b y August- September, Syrian fighters will immediately launch "resistance operations" against Jewish communities in the Golan Heights , a top official from Syrian President Bashar Assad's Baath party told WND.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here we are folks, all the rumours are right. Here is the next step in the plan.
With the agreement Iran has with Syria, it is only a matter of time before this inevitable War begins.
Get ready folks, it really is going to happen!!

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I somehow cant see Syria starting a war with Israel .

That would be suicidal .

Although both sides seem to have prepared for an outbreak of violence by what Ive been reading the past few months .

[edit on 9-7-2007 by The_Coo]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
You got that right Coo. A ton of evidence like this is merging with a lot of predictions that the poo will hit the fan in early August.
The world is definitely on a downward spiral.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I've lost count of the amount of times we hear this..

Syria ready for War.. Iran War next week! Mickey Mouse prepared to wipe out Israel...

Getting a bit like the boy who cried wolf, to be honest...

Still, worth keeping an eye on. Whilst Syria and Iran have been re-arming with the help of Russia and China, they are not ready to take on Israel in a toe-to-toe war right now. Maybe in a few years....

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock...

Any such event would quickly draw in Iran and the US leading to a major regional war.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well listen, Israel has reatedly ignored calls for Israel to return to their borders and to give back the lands they took. The UN is trying to do their jobs and maintain some peace. Israel refuses to heed the advice and warnings. You would think by now that they would realize that occupying other people as well as their land is not going to bring you friendship and peace overtures for a long time. Sooner or later they must assert themselves and take it back or at least try. There are Syrians living there and I doubt they want to be Israeli citizens.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well then I guess Syria shouldnt have attack Israel then now should they. Israel won it fair and square and its vital that they keep it for many reasons. If Syria tries again they will loose their capital. America is with Israel, You turn against Israel and you turn your back to god.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
18th of August... will it be the beginning of WW3, or will there be intervention? One things for sure, never before have we come so close to destroying ourselves.. how will things end? What an exciting time to be alive

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
^^^
crossing fingers for intervention.

crossing a lot of fingers.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What is funny is that somehow Syria, Iran and Hizbullah think Israel can just be taken out because of what they witnessed last summer. That is a SUICIDAL miscalcuation on their part. Israel didnt win that conflict because it didnt want to, but i guarantee you that if Syria and Iran and Hizbo start attacking then they will feel the wrath of god and more fury than they are bargaining for. Olmert is most definitely a p*ssy but when it hits the fan for real, Israel will come out swinging and in a big way.

Syria better hope that Israel willingly gives up the Golan because if they try to come and take it, Damascus will soon be Israeli territory.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Syria better hope that Israel willingly gives up the Golan because if they try to come and take it, Damascus will soon be Israeli territory.

Yeah sure. I mean, Israël can defeat Syria, that's for sure. But they cannot defeat Iran without ressorting to nukes, they can't do close combat against Iran like they did against Hizbollah or against Syria/Egypt in all those wars. Iran is too far. The only way Israël could defeat Iran without nukes is using their submarines to bomb Iran without end with cruise missiles or US help.

But if Israël would send their army fighting Iran, they would be weakened on Israëli soil. Also, Israël have problems recruiting among the youth, there's more and more ``draft dodgers``.

And if I remember correctly, when Saddam launched Scuds against Israël in 91, Israël threatenned to nuke Baghdad no? What if Syria/Iran launched chemicals/biologicals weapons against Israël? What is the procedure? Nuke the capital of the country who attacked you? I mean, in a war, when the enemy use big weapons and you have big weapons, do you use them as a counter-attack? (anyone having info on that)

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Israel can defeat Syria in a straight-up slugfest, however if Syria launches a guerrilla campaign in the Golan I'm not so sure they will be able to defeat it.

If there is anything to be learned from Iraq and Lebanon it's that while a high-tech military has massive advantages in a traditional conflict, it's extremely hard to hold territory against a determined & effective guerrilla campaign no matter what technological advantages you have.

Israel won it fair and square and its vital that they keep it for many reasons.

And if the Syrians win it back "fair and square"?

After all the Golan is part of Syria, not Israel.
They have every right to take it back by force.

As far as the "reasons" for keeping it, the stated reason is Israeli vulnerability to Syrian artillery that might be placed on the Heights, this is far less relevant in an era of widespread ballistic missile capability. The real reason is that about 30% of Israel's water supply comes from there.

[edit on 7/29/07 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Well then I guess Syria shouldnt have attack Israel then now should they. Israel won it fair and square and its vital that they keep it for many reasons. If Syria tries again they will loose their capital. America is with Israel, You turn against Israel and you turn your back to god.

wtf.... man i was with you up until "you turn against isreal BLAH BLAH BLAH". Thats bogus horse#. It sounds like extremist talk.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
man i say if they want to kill each other let them and thats that those who dont want to get caught up in this turmoil should not be there right now.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast

Originally posted by Sky watcher

wtf.... man i was with you up until "you turn against isreal BLAH BLAH BLAH". Thats bogus horse#. It sounds like extremist talk.

No, that is not extremest talk at all. That is the truth, because America is with Israel and the people of these nations are the people of the one all mighty God.
Well, not all of the people....
The sad thing is that in this day and age its not even most of the people. But both nations were created by Gods will and in Gods name. A nation the size of Israel defeating all its surrounding opponents time and time again should show that Israel has a blessing on their side, and who are the two most hated nations on the planet?
Jesus said his people would be the most hated for his names sake. Seems odd that a Jewish and a Christian nation are so hated, huh?

It is my belief that we are not one war away from the end, but two wars away. Or maybe one long war with two major parts and a lull in the fighting in between them.
Anyone read about the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet and Jesus Christ? It is a nuclear bomb. The nuke that Iran is racing to build.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
my opinion on this.... it's really simple... if the jews are someplace they shouldnt be then they need to get the hell out. If thay want to act like thugs and jack people for their sh*t,then it's on them if they get their asses kicked while on forigen land... and to tell you the truth.. if the jews fought with the same means as those they jacked.... the'd get their ass's handed to them no problem.

top topics

join